- Value: 20/20
- Quality: 20/20
- Comfort & Support: 20/20
- Good Nights’ Sleep: 19/20
- Cooling Factor: 19/20
- TOTAL: 98/100
I’ve been sleeping on my TEMPUR-Pedic ProBreeze for about three months now, and it’s been, in a word, dreamy. I’m used to boxed-mattress deliveries, which are usually great, but there’s something about a mattress being delivered flat, without having been contorted to fit in a box that makes me think it’s a better option if you’re looking to invest in a mattress that lasts.
The ProBreeze medium-hybrid firmness is firmer than I expected it to be, which turned out to be a positive. I usually opt for mattresses that have a plush-to-medium density, and when this one turned out to be a little firmer than I thought, I worried it would feel too hard for my liking. Luckily, that extra firmness seemed to be just what I was missing, because the way the bed contours to my body, keeping my spine aligned, is like no other. I always feel cradled, and now that I have a pregnancy pillow on the bed for extra belly support, they both work to keep my body comfortable throughout the night.
I always go for a cooling mattress, but none have been able to really keep me chilled like this one, and my husband agrees. The top of the mattress has the brand’s SmartClimate cover, which has cooling fibers that are very cool to the touch. There’s also a cooling layer that helps dissipate your body heat. I’ve noticed that I can still feel that top cooling layer even through my sheets, which makes this cooling mattress stand out from others I’ve tried. I’m a very hot sleeper (especially while pregnant) and to me, this mattress always feels like the other side of the pillow.
Considering the technology used in the construction of the mattress for support and cooling, the $5,000+ price tag is justified, in my opinion. Mattresses are investment pieces, especially if you want them to last for years down the road. The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty to cover certain damages. That said, it’s worth really paying attention to what you like and don’t like within that 90-night trial period to make sure it’s a bed you’ll love for years to come. After my trial ran up, I knew I made the right choice.
- Pros: genuinely keeps you cool, even in mid-summer; very supportive, cocooning feeling
- Cons: comes firmer than you’d expect, pricier than boxed mattresses, have to schedule delivery times
- Who It’s Best For: anyone who requires a bit of extra support while sleeping
- Size: King
- Material: four layers to cool and relieve bodily stress/assist with alignment, including TEMPUR-ES™ material, plus 1,000 spring coils in the base layer
- Delivery: white-glove delivery in mattress cover; was set up by delivery drivers who also removed my old mattress
- Return Policy: 90-night trial, refunds, exchanges and returns are addressed by the brand when concerns are brought to them