10 Truly Easy Ways to Fancy Up Your Kitchen
We’d love marble countertops, brass sconces and a French cooking range. But since we don’t foresee an unexpected inheritance befalling us anytime soon, we’ll be using these ten super-easy, super-gorgeous styling tricks (foraged on Instagram) to fancify our kitchens.
1. Add Oversize Potted Greens To Your CountersFresh flowers in the kitchen are nice and all, but these guys pack major drama and design cred.
2. Create a Spa-Like Moment At the SinkStyle a fancy soap, hand lotion and scented candle to elevate your dishwashing experience.
3. Lean Art On Your CountertopsBonus: no nails.
4. Or Hang A Bold Kitchen Gallery WallIf you're a maximalist and you know it, clap your hands.
5. Corral Your Cooking EssentialsThe first step is stowing most supplies out of sight. But for everyday basics, like oil, salt and pepper, a chic tray makes a world of difference when it comes to visual organization.
6. Tack Your Favorite Plates To the WallWhy leave your finery lingering in the china cupboard...when they can be used as stylish kitchen decor?
7. Leave A Prized Pot On Permanent DisplayConsider this your excuse to splurge on Le Creuset’s new lavender line.
8. Upgrade Your VesselsTry a pretty ceramic cachepot for your cooking utensils, decant your packaged olive oil and store your produce somewhere unexpected and whimsical—like on a cake stand.
9. Introduce Heirloom CeramicsYour massive ginger jars? Totally kitchen-appropriate.
10. Put Down An Antique RunnerWe know: You’ve seen this move all over the place—but for good reason. The warmth, color and character it adds is undeniable. Plus, it’s cozy on your feet while you're doing dishes.
RELATED: How to Remove Stains From Every Single Type of Countertop