The 20 Best Outdoor Brunch Spots in Los Angeles
The three simple words every woman wants to hear: “Let’s grab brunch.” Even though the weather has been a bit mercurial—it’s summer one weekend and winter the next—we’re lucky enough that on either end of the spectrum, outdoor brunch is always on the table. In the past two years, tons of restaurants have expanded to create awesome outdoor seating options, and we’re all about looking at the glass half-full (ideally, with a mimosa in it).
244 N Larchmont Blvd, Larchmont Village, Los Angeles, CA 90004; 323-745-5059
1142 Manhattan Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266; 310-545-5405
3. YARDBIRDIf you’re looking for some hearty eats to soak up last night’s debauchery, and you need to stop at Bloomies, look no further than Yardbird. This Southern restaurant located at the Beverly Center has an outdoor seating area to enjoy some of their classic selections like chicken & waffles and biscuits & gravy. Their menu includes lighter options as well, like a chia power bowl, but we recommend going with a group so you can partake in their massive gooey cinnamon roll and their flaky “not your granny’s poptarts.”
8500 Beverly Blvd, Suite 112, Los Angeles, CA 90048; 323-250-8034
4. DELLA TERRASure, you could head to The Grove with the masses over the weekend, or just around the corner, you can enjoy a little slice of Italy, as you have yourself a relaxing brunch over at Della Terra. Encompassing the sidewalk along Beverly Blvd and Spaulding, sit outside and sip on a generous-sized Aperol spritz, which is one of the three cocktails they offer for their bottomless brunch (mimosas and bellinis being the other two). Their brunch menu features all the classics like eggs and pancakes, but also savory and sweet crepes, five different egg benefits, and breakfast pizzas. We can’t resist the smoked salmon pizza which comes with creme fraiche, dill, and capers. They also have a large back patio, which will begin to open up as the warmer months approach.
7675 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036; 323-933-7675
12105 E Waterfront Dr Suite B, Los Angeles, CA 90094; 213-296-2383
260 Portofino Way, Redondo Beach, CA 90277; 310-372-1202
11520 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064; sorrynotsorryla.com
2100 Echo Park Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90026; 323-922-1006
11938 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA; 310-442-2733; Reservations available on Resy
10. MARGOT ROOFTOPThere’s always something swanky about a rooftop, and this Culver City one does not disappoint. They offer an upscale brunch menu featuring Mediterranean-inspired small plates, as well as brunch menu favorites like French toast and avocado toast. They even have a vegan brunch menu for those who want it. Pro tip: In a world full of breakfast potatoes, their potatoes bravas definitely stand out.
8820 Washington Blvd, Suite 301, Culver City, CA, 90232; margot.la; Reservations available on Resy
8535 Melrose Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90069; firstname.lastname@example.org
3626 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA ; 323-928-2098; reservations available on OpenTable
13. FIG SANTA MONICAHaving brunch at this restaurant, located inside the Fairmont Miramar hotel, feels like a mini vacay. Escape from the commercial streets of downtown Santa Monica and sip a Cucumber Press poolside (a refreshing delight made with gin, Curacao, cucumber, cilantro and lime) while enjoying brunch that utilizes fresh finds from the Santa Monica weekly farmers market. The first part of their menu includes “shareables” like brioche donuts and cheddar-bacon biscuits, which you can then follow with items like salmon gravlax toast (featuring a unique deviled egg spread, red eye mustard sauce and kaluga caviar). We’re liking this whole multiple-course-brunch thing.
101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401; 310-319-3111
1929 Hillhurst Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027; 323-644-0100
15. OFF VINEYou wouldn’t expect this adorable 18th-century-house-turned-restaurant just off the hustle and bustle of Sunset and Vine. But if you look hard enough, you’ll see its yellow siding, and if you enter, you’ll be transported to a quaint patio where they serve brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on weekends. Start off on the right foot with their freshly baked banana bread, and then see what they’ve got in store for you with their pancake and waffle of the day.
6263 Leland Way, Hollywood, CA 90028; 323-962-1900
16. THE FRONT YARDVisit our favorite patio in the valley, which feels like a cozy outdoor living room, at The Front Yard. Whether you’re feeling like a rosé all day situation, a pitcher of mimosas, or a fresh pressed green juice, the Front Yard has you covered. Enjoy brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. With tons of outdoor space, bring your crew here to dine on huevos rancheros and Nutella French toast. Treat your inner child with one of their wildberry pop tarts, complete with classic frosting and sprinkles.
4222 Vineland Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91602; 818-255-7290
6800 Westward Beach Road Malibu, CA 90265; 310-589-1007
18. NUEVAWe love the colorful fiesta vibes at this Mexican restaurant that has one of the best patios in Venice. Enjoy el desayuno with their menu full of Mexican dishes, like chilaquiles, or skip straight to tacos or ceviche—there are no rules at brunch in 2022. They have an entire brunch cocktail menu if you’re there for Sunday Funday (or Saturday, for that matter).
822 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292; 310-747-6050; Reservations available on Resy
1534 N McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90028; 323-366-2408
20. ALKIn the heart of Hollywood is the new Godfrey Hotel, and in there lies ALK, a new restaurant where the menu is fairly basic for SoCal fare, with both breakfast and lunch items available. Basic yes, but high quality—it utilizes California’s bright and fresh seasonal produce, so expect fresh fruit atop your acai bowl and premium quality meat in your A.L.K. B.L.T. Dog parents will especially love their Bark & Brunch monthly series on the third Saturday of each month, where pups are offered complimentary “cocktails” (such as the “Wag to the Left” with organic short rib bone both, filtered water and carrot diamonds) and swag for pet guests.
1400 N. Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90028; Lobby level of The Godfrey Hotel Hollywood; 323-762-1000