Cooking meat in a Crock-Pot usually takes about six hours, but why wait? This tender, juicy faux-tisserie chicken comes together in just 45 minutes and we promise it’s just as impressive as the whole bird you roast in the oven. You domestic goddess, you.
Here’s exactly what you need to do.
1. Turn on the Instant Pot to preheat the “sauté” setting on “normal.” Meanwhile, rub your whole chicken with seasonings and olive oil.
2. Lower the chicken breast-side down into the Instant Pot. Allow the breast to crisp for about 4 minutes, then rotate the chicken and allow it to crisp up on the other side. (Yay, crispy skin.)
3. Remove the chicken and add a trivet to the bottom of the pot. If you’d like, you can hop on an express train to flavor town and add some baby wax potatoes underneath the trivet or stuff the bird’s cavity with citrus and herbs.
4. Pour in a cup or so of stock (it should come up just below the trivet) and add the chicken back in, breast-side up. Close the lid on and set to “manual high pressure” for 25 minutes.
5. Sit back, relax and read some PureWow articles on your phone.
6. Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally, which will take about 15 minutes.
You're done! How easy was that?