25 of the Best Chocolate Gifts for Anyone With a Serious Sweet Tooth
Calling all chocolate enthusiasts
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Harry & David/Raaka/Amazon
From the indulgent scent to the silky-smooth texture and decadent flavor, it's tough not to love chocolate—which is exactly why it makes for a solid gift for every occasion. Not sure what to get your friend for their birthday? Try Milk Bar's festive Chocolate B'Day Truffle Box. And if you want to surprise your partner with sweet treats this Christmas, consider the Lindt Lindor Chocolate Advent Calendar.
You can never have too much (who can resist an ooey gooey chocolatey ice cream or a fresh bag of Oreos?), and it's beloved by all ages. In short? Whether it's some brownie truffle cake pops or chocolate chip cookies, chocolate is always a good idea—especially when it comes from our list of the best chocolate gifts below.
The Best Chocolate Gifts At A Glance
Best Holiday Gift
Lindt Lindor Chocolate Advent Calendar
Most Unique Flavors
Compartes California Fruits Chocolate Bar Gift Set
Best Elegant Gift Basket
Baskits Art of Chocolate
Best for a Holiday Cookie Delivery
Levain Bakery Signature Cookie Assortment Gift Box
Best Chocolate-Covered Fruit
A Gift Inside Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
How We Chose the Best Chocolate Gifts
As chocoholics ourselves, we scoured the market to bring you a wide range of top-sellers across different categories. We also looked for allergy-friendly sweets that would be suitable for people with dietary restrictions and made sure to include presents of all sizes, from deluxe gift sets that could satiate an entire office to smaller, luxe boxes for your closest friends. Other specific criteria we looked for: That the gifts were relatively affordable, made with high-quality ingredients and packaged in ways that make them perfect for gifting. Last but not least, we took shipping details into consideration because timing is everything when it comes to gifting for special occasions. Check out the cream of the crop below.
- What We Like: Assorted Lindor chocolates, festive box
- What We Don't Like: May not stay intact after shipping
- Shipping: Free for standard shipping
What better way to celebrate the holidays? Start the countdown to Christmas with this fun calendar, featuring 24 Advent windows and 27 assorted chocolates. Flavors include white chocolate, milk chocolate, hazelnut and extra dark chocolate. Plus, each box features crescent moon-shaped treats.
- What We Like: Has four distinct flavors, colorful packaging
- What We Don't Like: Unique flavors might not be for all
- Shipping: $15 for standard shipping, $40 for 2nd day air, $58 for next day air
Wild Cherry Dark Chocolate, Caramel Apple, Date Shake and California Garden are the flavors included in this delectable gift box, and there's something for every chocolate-lover, whether they're fans of dark, milk or white chocolate. These fruity, mouthwatering flavors will transport you to the Golden State in no time.
- What We Like: Assorted chocolates from the best Canadian chocolatiers, personalization options
- What We Don't Like: Pricey, no alternate options for those with nut allergies
- Shipping: $22 for ground shipping, $70 for express shipping
Struggling to find the perfect gift for the chocolate connoisseur in your life? Allow us to introduce the ultimate gift basket, complete with treats made by some of the most famous Canadian chocolatiers. The Dabble & Drizzle Dark Chocolate Truffles, the Milk Chocolate Buttercrunch and Sweet Cinnamon Chocolate Bar are just a few standouts that will satisfy their taste buds.
- What We Like: Chunky profile, baked to order
- What We Don't Like: On the pricier end
- Shipping: $12 for 1 to 2-day ground shipping, $20 for 2-day air shipping, $49 for overnight air
Not up for baking? Consider this four-, eight- or 12-pack cookie assortment gift box instead. It features four of Levain Bakery's signature cookie flavors: chocolate chip walnut, dark chocolate chocolate chip, dark chocolate peanut butter chip and oatmeal raisin. Each one can be warmed up for five to 10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees to melt the chocolate just so. The luxuriously packaged sweets are a treat for the eyes, too, with each stack of cookies wrapped in cellophane bags and tied with blue ribbons.
- What We Like: Layered chocolate drizzle, overnight delivery
- What We Don't Like: Strawberries potentially getting scattered and disorganized in transit
- Shipping: $12 for standard shipping
There's nothing more romantic than chocolate-covered strawberries, and this gift box of a dozen will have your special someone blushing. With a mix of dark, milk and white chocolate, the berries are beautifully decorated with chocolate and icing. We also love that every box is made to order the night before and shipped with ice to keep them at maximum freshness—just note that they're not available for delivery on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays, so plan accordingly.
- What We Like: Dark chocolate, 21 unique bottles
- What We Don't Like: Small size
- Shipping: $12 for standard, $32 for express
If they love chocolate liqueurs, this set features a lovely selection of flavors. Each piece is molded to look like mini wine barrels, and they're filled with creamy chocolate centers that contain spirits like Myers's Dark Rum, Baileys Irish Cream and Herradura Anejo Tequila. It's the perfect gift for someone who has a home bar as well, so they can show it off alongside their bottles.
- What We Like: Iconic gold box, chocolate filling in delicate shells
- What We Don't Like: No cons
- Shipping: Free standard shipping, $15 for 2 day shipping, $20 for express shipping
You can never go wrong with a classic box of chocolates. This assortment is packed with sweets that are filled with everything from ganache and gooey caramel to raspberry puree. And depending on how over the top you want to go, you can order boxes with as few as eight or as many as 140 sweets.
- What We Like: Chocolate drizzle on chocolate icing, 9-ounce pops
- What We Don't Like: Very pricey
- Shipping: $18 for standard shipping
No matter how old they are, they're not likely going to turn down a cake pop—especially if it's shaped like an ice cream cone. And this array of artisanal truffle cakes-on-a-mini-cone is a wonderful way to show them you care. Grab an eight-count box, which comes with sundae-style decorations, a crispy exterior and decadent cake inside.
- Why We Love It: Enables customization, fun family activity
- What We Don't Like: Limited flavor options
- Shipping: $9 for standard shipping
A great pick for the the DIYer, this truffle kit comes with all the necessities they'll need to experiment and create flavorful truffle combinations, including a thermometer, chocolate chips, peppermint extract and more. All they need is to have on hand is cream—or, if they’re vegan, a dairy-free substitute, like cashew or coconut cream.
Best Organic Chocolate Gift Box
10. Raaka Chocolate Library Gift Box
- What We Like: Sophisticated flavor profiles, high cacao percentages
- What We Don't Like: Mainly for dark chocolate fans
- Shipping: $10 standard shipping
Almost everyone loves to nibble on a chocolate bar now and then, right? This collection comes in a sweet gift box filled with a variety of unique, organic flavors they'll marvel at including: maple and nibs, green tea crunch, bananas foster, bourbon, yaćon root, coconut milk, pink sea salt and cabernet sauvignon all come to mind. Whether you choose the three- or eight-bar set, it'll come with an accompanying booklet to help your lucky recipient learn about each flavor.
- What We Like: Handmade and freshly baked cookies, including The Floor Is Lava, Chocolate Chip and S'Mores
- What We Don't Like: Very limited collections, a bit pricey
- Shipping: $15 for standard shipping, $60 for overnight
You’ll be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn’t love cookies. So why not take things to the next level by gifting a freshly made batch? Whether your pal is a nut fanatic or loves all types of chocolate, send them this gift box that's stocked with a dozen individually wrapped cookies. Not all of them include chocolate, but they’ll love digging into all the different flavors, which include Red Velvet, Birthday Cake and Oreo Milkshake.
- What We Like: 12 cookies in 6 flavors, kosher
- What We Don't Like: A bit overpriced
- Shipping: Free with Prime, $7 for standard shipping, $11 for express
We’re not going to lie—these are some of the most Insta-worthy biscotti we’ve ever seen. Available in a glorious array of flavors, like chocolate topped with caramel, candied almonds, different fruits, crushed peppermint and coconut crunch, they look almost as good as reviewers say they taste.
- Why We Love It: Individually wrapped pieces, overnight Prime shipping
- What We Don't Like: Higher sugar content
- Shipping: Free standard shipping
Looking for something with a little bit of everything? 15 best-selling white chocolate pretzel clouds, peanut clusters, English toffee and so much more fill this gift box, making it almost impossible for someone not to indulge. Each one is individually wrapped for sharing, and you can add in a special gift message at checkout, too.
Best Chocolate Assortment
14. Harry & David Tower of Chocolates
Harry & David
- What We Like: Includes fan favorite Moose Munch popcorn, packaged in five handsome boxes
- What We Don't Like: No nut varieties
- Shipping: $20 for standard shipping
If your pal is into a variety of snacks, ranging from fruits to popcorn, then you'll blow them away with this classic tower of chocolates, which is stocked with chocolate-covered cherries, chocolate truffles, popcorn and chocolate mini mints. They’ll love digging into all the different compartments—not to mention that stunning, IG-worthy packaging.
- Why We Love It: 12 layered truffles, stays fresh in freezer for up to a month
- What We Don't Like: Sugar content is pretty high
- Shipping: $15 standard shipping
Shopping for a non-traditionalist? Skip the classic treats and opt for these Chocolate B’Day Truffles. With chewy chocolate cake batter coated in a crunchy chocolate sprinkles shell, they’re pretty irresistible, which is no surprise, given Milk Bar's reputation for absolutely scrumptious desserts.
- What We Like: Gorgeous packaging, includes three unique flavors, buttery caramel fillings
- What We Don't Like: No milk chocolate varieties
- Shipping: $17 for ground shipping, $32 for 2nd day air, $60 for next day air
Featuring a beautiful container of mouth-watering caramels, this will be a great gift for your friend who loves unique flavor combinations. Inside, there are four Black Salt Caramel Bonbons, four Dulce de Leche Bonbons and four Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt Bonbons. Add this to a bottle of wine, and you’re guaranteed to make this a gift they won't soon forget.
- Why We Love It: Stirs into hot milk, three flavors in set
- What We Don't Like: High shipping cost
- Shipping: $30 for express shipping, $45 for overnight shipping
Give them something to sip on with this three-pack of hot chocolates on a stick. Whether they go with the peppermint, peanut butter or salted caramel flavor, they’ll think of you as they cozy up on the couch as their troubles (and the chocolate) melt away into total bliss.
- What We Like: 11 x 7 x 4-inch reusable chest, includes 11 types of chocolatey treats
- What We Don't Like: Very few white chocolate selections
- Shipping: $24 for standard shipping
If you want to go all out, this deluxe chest of chocolates is truly the way to go. The sheer array of cakes, malt balls, chocolate bars, peppermints, chocolate-covered pretzels, almonds, graham crackers, caramels and truffles is borderline overwhelming (seriously, this gift weighs 4 pounds!). But we have a feeling a true chocoholic will be up to the task of devouring it all (and OK, maybe sharing). Plus, the wood and pleather chest can double as a storage box when they’ve eaten everything in it.
- What We Like: Animal-product free, 8-week shelf life
- What We Don't Like: Small portion
- Shipping: $19 for ground shipping, $26 for priority mail express, $36 for 2nd day air
Know someone who is a strict vegan or has very strict dietary needs? They can still indulge, thanks to this gorgeous gift box of 15 chocolate treats, which are vegan and allergy-friendly and contain no dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, sesame, eggs, wheat and gluten. We also love that they're kosher and don't contain any artificial colors or flavors. Instead, they'll get a variety of tastes, from "milk" fudge and raspberry to coffee, salted caramel and Grand Marnier for that extra bit of kick.
- What We Like: Bestselling dark chocolate collection, single origin Madagascar and Uganda harvested
- What We Don't Like: Only for fans of semi-sweet dark chocolate
- Shipping: $18 for standard shipping
Know someone who's into rich, semi-sweet dark chocolate with tart and fruity notes? Well, you'll make their day with this best-selling bundle of single-origin chocolate by Beyond Good, which includes flavors like Sea Salt & Nibs, Crispy Rice and Salted Almond. Not only are they organic, but they're also vegan, gluten-free and soy free.
- Why We Like: Small-batch, Brooklyn-made
- What We Don't Like: Small in size
- Shipping: Free standard shipping, $12 for express shipping
It's no secret that nuts and chocolate belong together, whether it's almonds, pecans or cashews. Fortunately for the nut lovers in your life, this gift includes a delicious assortment of chocolate-covered nuts, making it great to share with friends...or devour solo.
- Why We Like: Choice of milk, dark or mixed selection, elegant blue box
- What We Don't Like: Quite pricey
- Shipping: $10 for ground shipments, $20 for 2-day shipments, $40 for overnight shipments
This fine collection of gourmet chocolates immediately gets bonus points for its simple, yet elegant presentation, with a classic navy blue box and intricately tied golden bow. Inside, you'll find a diverse selection of solid chocolates, caramels, toffees, Törtéls and more.
- Why We Like: Salty-sweet treats, goodies enough for an office
- What We Don't Like: Top layer of the basket is everything you get
- Shipping: Free 2-day shipping with Prime, $7 for standard shipping, $12 for express shipping
Think beyond the traditional with this grand gift basket that's perfect for the office or your team. It's stacked with 2.5 pounds worth of chocolate goodies, from chocolate-covered pretzels and handmade caramel corn to mini Ghirardelli chocolates, chocolate almond bark, peanut brittle, chocolate-covered sea salt cashews and more. Plus, you can include a sweet gift message with the beautifully wrapped gift box.
- What We Like: Fun photo op, so much savory honey and crunchy almond nougat
- What We Don't Like: Prone to melt quickly in warmer weather
- Shipping: Free 2-day shipping with Prime, $7 for standard shipping, $16 for express shipping
This oversized Toblerone bar weighs a whopping 10 pounds, and measures more than 2 feet tall. Sure, it's on the more expensive side, but they'll be able to enjoy the popular honey and almond nougat bar for months to come—literally.
- What We Like: Various sprinkles add texture, chic gift-boxing
- What We Don't Like: A bit overpriced
- Shipping: Standard free shipping, $13 for express shipping
Chocolate-covered pretzels offer that perfect balance between sweet and salty, and this gourmet gift box takes things to the next level with four distinctly decorated types. We dare your giftee to eat just one! Hand-crafted, the box itself is elegant and comes with a stylish bow, too, which makes it an incredibly enticing gift to open up.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Chocolate Gifts to Give
Did you know there are at least seven different types of chocolate? That alone can make it tricky to choose the best one. Along with selecting chocolate that is made fresh and comes in a presentable box, you'll want to keep the recipient and what they like in mind. While some people swear by chocolate truffles as their guilty pleasure, others are suckers for chocolate-covered popcorn or never go a Sunday morning without biting into a delicious chocolate biscotti. Find out whether they're more of a milk or dark chocolate person (or white or ruby!), and if there are any particular brands they love.
More important to consider, however, are allergies. Make sure the chocolate doesn't contain an ingredient your giftee is allergic to or has a sensitivity towards, like peanuts or dairy. or has a sensitivity for, like peanuts or dairy. If they follow any other dietary restrictions that you know of, like veganism, keeping it in mind and choosing your chocolate gift accordingly will be appreciated.
Where to Find the Best Chocolate Gifts
Along with specialty chocolate and confectionary shops, like Milk Bar and Levain Bakery, and online gift delivery websites, like Harry & David, you can find great chocolate gifts at major retailers, such as Amazon. You can also find boxed chocolates and even chocolate gift sets at standard grocery retailers and pharmacies. Sure, you can pick them up in person, but when ordering online, you can have the gift delivered right to your loved one's doorstep.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.