The 15 Best Air Fryer Cookbooks to Add to Your Shelf
What’s that? You haven’t yet hopped on the air fryer train? It’s time to join us. The appliance may have the word “fry” in the name, but most models actually use a convection fan to cover your meal in hot air, yielding the same crispy results of a deep fryer with only a tablespoon or so of fat. Aside from whipping up healthier French fries and chicken tenders like no one’s business, it can do so much more: think searing salmon and crisping up leftover pizza—but honestly, that’s only the beginning. To prove it, we’ve rounded up the 15 best air fryer cookbooks to guide and inspire you.
1. Air Fryer Cookbook: 600 Effortless Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners and Advanced Users by Jenson William
By volume alone, it’s hard to beat the 600 air-fryer recipes in this tome. William’s cookbook is packed with simple yet flavorful recipes, divided into sections dedicated to beef, poultry and pork; snacks and side dishes; vegetables and vegetarian meals; and even sweets and desserts. With so much to choose from, it’s ideal for first-time air fryer users or anyone who needs a jumping-off point.
2. The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook: The 75 Best Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer by Gina Homolka
We’re huge fans of Homolka’s Skinnytaste blog and her lightened-up versions of favorite comfort foods (300-calorie honey-mustard chicken bake, anyone?), so it’s no surprise that her air-fryer cookbook is just as appealing. Her mantra is “light on calories, big on flavor,” so expect recipes for traditionally fried foods (like spring rolls and coconut shrimp) as well as less-expected dishes like Korean pork lettuce wraps and homemade bagels. Each recipe is compatible with all types of air fryers and includes helpful icons that indicate vegetarian, gluten-free and keto-friendly, too.
3. The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook: Amazingly Easy Recipes to Fry, Bake, Grill, and Roast with Your Air Fryer by Linda Larsen
Don’t take it from just us: This title holds a 4.3-star rating from nearly 4,000 users on Amazon and it’s a number one best-seller. Each of the 100-plus recipes proves just how versatile your air fryer can be, with chapters on everything from breakfast to desserts, plus an entire primer on how to get started with your machine. We particularly love the extensive chart that tells you how to cook just about any ingredient, as well as how to troubleshoot common problems.
4. Air Fry Every Day: 75 Recipes to Fry, Roast, and Bake Using Your Air Fryer by Ben Mims
If you’re craving comfort food or kid-friendly dishes but wish they were a little healthier, Air Fry Every Day has you covered. And if you think an air fryer will sit in the back of your cabinet collecting dust, it will convince you otherwise with creative, approachable recipes like crispy herbed chickpeas, tandoori-spiced salmon and even homemade personal pizzas.
5. Air Fryer Obsession: The Complete Cookbook for Mastering the Air Fryer by Gina Kleinworth
Attention, beginners looking to branch out: This upcoming cookbook from Gina Kleinworth promises to “take your air-frying skills up a notch.” How, exactly? With charts and timetables that allow you to get creative with your own dishes, plus recipes for things you never dreamed of air-frying, like pancakes, cheesecake and blueberry hand pies.
6. Mediterranean Air Fryer: 95 Healthy Recipes to Fry, Roast, Bake, and Grill by Katie Hale
We already know that the air fryer can transform recipes from greasy to downright healthy (well, kind of.) This cookbook combines that concept with an already proven method for healthy eating, the Mediterranean diet. The results are colorful, tasty meals that come together lightning quick (and with tons of flavor).
7. The Super Easy Air Fryer Cookbook: Crave-Worthy Recipes for Healthier Fried Favorites by Brandi Crawford
When you’re short on time, the last thing you want to do is dive into a complicated new recipe. No worries: This cookbook is comprised of mostly meals that are ready in 30 minutes (or less), with handy labels to highlight family-favorite, gluten-free and vegetarian dishes. It also includes nutritional info for each recipe, if that’s something you look for.
8. The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two by Gina Kleinworth
While many cookbooks only seem to offer dishes that serve upwards of eight people, lots of home cooks only want to make enough for two. Enter this title, which features only recipes for a duo. Everything was developed with simple prep and minimal clean-up in mind, and most dishes take 30 minutes or less to whip up. Genius.
9. The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Beginners: Easy, Foolproof Recipes for Your Air Fryer by Laurie Fleming
Maybe you’ve never used an air fryer, and maybe you’ve never cooked, period. Either way, this cookbook will be your guide. It’s written for the beginner in mind (but without sounding patronizing), and the recipes feature easily sourced and inexpensive ingredients, ideal for the novice cook.
10. The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook: The Only Book You Need for Your Small, Medium, or Large Air Fryer by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Authors Weinstein and Scarbrough know their way around a kitchen appliance—they also wrote the best-selling Instant Pot Bible. Each of the recipes (there are more than 300) gives ingredients and timings for every size of air fryer (from small models to 10-quart ones), with easy-to-follow directions for any skill level.
11. Air Fryer Perfection: From Crispy Fries and Juicy Steaks to Perfect Vegetables, What to Cook & How to Get the Best Results by America’s Test Kitchen
The chefs at America’s Test Kitchen test and tweak recipes until they’re absolutely foolproof, so you know their methods are sound. And now, lucky for us, they’ve applied that principle to the air fryer. The recipes come with complete nutritional information and most are ready in 45 minutes or less, and there are even ratings of air fryer models (in case you haven’t bought one yet).
12. Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with Flavor by Urvashi Pitre
Urvashi Pitre is the author of one of our favorite Indian cookbooks, Indian Instant Pot Cookbook, and her air fryer title is just as good. Her recipes rely on fresh, flavorful ingredients and use the air fryer to streamline cooking (instead of starting with shortcut ingredients that aren’t that good for you). Dishes are inspired by authentic Indian, Korean, Mexican cuisines and more, so this one’s especially handy if you’re trying to break a takeout habit.
13. The Air Fryer Bible: More Than 200 Healthier Recipes for Your Favorite Foods by Susan LaBorde and Elizabeth Hickman
Designed to be the be-all, end-all air fryer cookbook, The Air Fryer Bible includes not just recipes but also a buying guide and comprehensive how-to’s to get you started with your new appliance. But FYI, this one is more technique-focused, so there aren’t as many color photos (in case that’s a major requirement for you).
14. Keto Air Fryer: 100+ Delicious Low-Carb Recipes to Heal Your Body & Help You Lose Weight by Maria Emmerich
Followers of the keto diet already know how to cut out carbs, but the trick is in balancing the amount of healthy fat you include in your diet. The air fryer (and this cookbook) can help with that. Keto Air Fryer includes quick and easy versions of favorite recipes (like macaroni and cheese and onion rings) that are light on carbs and oil, all with little cleanup.
15. The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook: 75+ Easy Meatless Recipes by Linda Larsen
Yep, the air fryer is vegetarian-friendly too. (It’s not all about chicken tenders, you know.) There’s a section on air fryer 101 for beginners, plus veggie-based recipes that lean on easy-to-source ingredients. Most of the meals are flexible, so it’s a must for pure vegetarians and “flexitarians” alike.