10 Stylish (& Storage-Friendly) Alternatives to Diaper Bags
Did you bring the snacks? Extra diapers? Enough wet wipes to bathe you and your kid in if all hell breaks loose? Sure, your daily carry might look a smidge different than it used to, but that doesn’t mean you have to relinquish all style for utility. Here, ten fashionable handbags spacious enough for hauling your essentials.
- Why We Love It: dirt- and water-resistant, weighs less than ½ pound, includes three pockets, available in several colors and patterns
2. The Canvas Tote + Packing Cube ComboWhy We Love It: The tote’s available in four sizes and two depths, extra sturdy construction, packing cubes make transitioning to other bags easy
A thick canvas tote is the kind of go-anywhere bag every mom can use, whether she’s toting groceries, commuting from work or planning a full day out. But that massive compartment can equate to a lot of rummaging, which is why several editors say they pair their bags with a set of travel organizers: one for diaper needs, one for snacks, one for, well, whatever else you want to keep contained.
- Why We Love It: water-resistant, includes changing pad, multiple pockets
- Why We Love It: pebbled leather construction, three pockets, adjustable strap
- Why We Love It: adjustable shoulder strap, zip top to prevent spills, includes an interior smartphone pocket
6. The “It” Bag
- Why We Love It: made of vegan leather, available in several colors, structured shape helps you look polished (no matter what you’re hauling)
7. The Belt Bag
- Why We Love It: keeps hands free, compact size, includes changing pad, vegan leather construction
- Why We Love It: Includes insulated bottom pouch and bottle holder, large enough to hold breast pump, adjustable shoulder straps
- Why We Love It: top handle and crossbody carrying options, ultrasoft microsuede interior, contains two pockets
You’ve crossed over to the phase where your nights and weekends are dominated by your kid’s games, practices and clubs. You deserve a roomy bucket bag that’s just large enough to hold an emotional support water bottle, snacks, a tablet and a good book, so you can avoid bouts of hanger (and, let’s be real) boredom, in case that Saturday morning practice runs long.
- Why We Love It: easy to clean, nylon/leather construction, includes removable pouch and key clip