Queen Elizabeth II is a sister, a mother, a grandma and—most importantly—a great grandmother (or “Gan-Gan”) to eight young royals. Behind closed Buckingham Palace doors, HRH is changing nappies, prepping bottles and making time for the lucky few who have the privilege of calling her Gan-Gan. Here’s proof that Queen Elizabeth II is the best great-grandmother in all the land.
Proof Queen Elizabeth II Is the Best Great Gan-Gan in all the Land
1. When She #blessed George Before His Christening
Being royal ain’t easy.
2. And Regally Bottle-fed Princess Char
The photo is an impersonator, but you get the idea.
3. When She Got A Good Look At Princess Charlotte
Welcome to the world of royal exclusivity, little one.
4. Then Let Prince George Have His Moment
5. And Told Prince George To Be On His Best Behavior
Sit straight, shoulders back, face forward and always look cute.
6. When She Reminded Prince George Who Was In Charge (william And Kate’s Nervous Grins, Though)
No one in the history of the great British Monarchy has defeated Great Gan-Gan in a staring contest. No one.
7. And When She Posed With Her Progeny On Her 90th Birthday
From oldest to youngest, we have the Queen’s grandchildren Louise (13) and James (9), along with her great-grandchildren Savannah (6), Isla (5), George (3), Mia (3) and Charlotte (2).
8. When She Admired Their Naughty Behavior From Afar
Queen Elizabeth couldn’t help but laugh at the chaos that ensued during the 2018 Trooping the Colour ceremony.
9. And Then Pretended To Ignore It
Hey, at least Princess Charlotte didn’t stick out her tongue.
10. And Finally, When She Commented On Archie's Red Hair
During a Zoom call, the queen reportedly noted that Archie has red hair, just like Prince Harry.