If your friends have ever rolled their eyes at your dad jokes, pun Halloween costumes will be right up your alley. Also, who wants to buy a new costume they'll wear once just to toss it in the back of their closet as soon as the night is over? These 39 picks aren't too over-the-top to go trick-or-treating in with the kids, and aren't so uncomfortable that you can't nosh on all the sweets and seasonal desserts or just curl up to watch a not-too-scary movie. Without further ado, here are some of the best pun costumes (most of which you can create from items you already own).
The 39 Best Punny Halloween Costumes for Dad Joke Enthusiasts
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
8. Amazon Prime
- What You Need: a Wonder Woman costume and a box with "2, 3, 5, 7, 11..." written on it (prime numbers, get it?)
Maybe making fun of your little home shopping problem is the way to gain some control over it?
22. A Gingerbread Person
- What You Need: a red wig and a loaf of bread
Obviously skip the wig if you're a natural redhead...
23. Netflix and Chill
- What You Need: a red shirt, a printed out Netflix logo and a bag of ice
Best of all, your drink will never get warm.
27. Maroon 5
- What You Need: a maroon T-shirt and a printed out letter 5
Is this the height of laziness? Yes, and for that we salute you.
29. A Bear-ista
- What You Need: bear ears and a Starbucks cup
Rawr, one triple shot skinny vanilla latte, coming right up.
32. A Chip on Your Shoulder
- What You Need: Any shirt with a potato chip taped to the shoulder
Permission granted to have a bit of an attitude all day.
34. A Spice Girl
- What You Need: Any dress and a few jars of your favorite spices
Posh is so 1995; 2023 is all about turmeric.
- What You Need: black clothes and stamps
You’ve gotta keep fellow partygoers on their toes, you know?
37. It’s Raining Men
- What You Need: an umbrella with photos of famous guys taped to it
If it happens to start raining on October 31, you’ve absolutely won the night.
38. Bread Winner
- What You Need: a set of medals and a loaf of bread
It's not about the Olympics, it's about keeping a roof over our heads.