Ask anyone what their desert island beauty pick is, and more often than not it’s eyeliner. Its ability to make your entire face look done even if you’re not wearing a stitch of other makeup is unbeatable. Here, the four liners we never want to live without.
4 Eyeliners We Hope Amazon Never Stops Selling
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Editors’ Pick: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
- Felt tip creates thin, precise lines to thick, dramatic looks
- Formula won’t smudge, run or transfer
- Stays put all day but wipes off easily with makeup remover
We polled the office and this felt-tip liquid liner reigned supreme. One PureWow editor swears by it, saying, "The waterproof liquid liner from Stila is the easiest to apply, but once it's on, it's set—no smudges or smears. It lasts all day *and* even better is just as easy to remove. It comes off with my makeup remover in a single swipe."
Editors’ Pick Runner-up: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil
- Glides on soft for blending, then dries to a long-lasting finish
- Applies easily to the waterline without smudging or irritating eyes
- Formulated with moisturizing ingredients for a creamy feel
Turns out, our office has a lot of opinions when it comes to eyeliner. And this Urban Decay pencil was a close second to the Stila felt-tip. Another PureWow editor wears it every day. She says, "I love this pencil for a slightly smoky, blended-out look. It's super pigmented and goes on like butter, and you have about 30 seconds to smudge or soften the line before it sets for the rest of the day.”
Best Value: Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner
- Self-sharpening for on-the-go ease
- Easy-glide formula creates a precise line every time
- Smudger tip blends color effortlessly
When you use eyeliner as much as we do, finding a really good budget-friendly option is key. And this Covergirl liner does just that. It goes on super black and creamy for a precise opaque line, but you can also blend it out easily for a smokier look. And it costs about as much as a cup of coffee (but lasts way longer).
Splurge-worthy: Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-lasting Eyeliner
- Waterproof, smudge-proof formula for long-lasting definition
- Silicone-enriched formula glides on like a dream
- Built-in sharpener detaches for an always-precise line
We’re huge fans of everything Chanel does—including makeup. If you thought the brand’s lipstick and nail polish were good, you simple must try this eyeliner pencil. The application is the smoothest we’ve ever felt and the color stays put all day. Plus, there’s just something so luxe about Chanel eyeliner; it makes us feel like a million bucks.