3 Unforgettable Trips from Curio Collection by Hilton You Should Book ASAP
A bucket list vacation for every type of traveler
Hilton/Dasha Burobina for PureWow
Let us guess: You could use a vacation. Another guess: You’re craving a getaway, a chance to explore, discover and experience exciting new places for longer than just a weekend. We’re talking a real vacation—a truly unforgettable trip starting with a hotel that suits you.
Allow us to introduce Curio Collection by Hilton. These hotels, each with their own individual stories, boast locally inspired design, world-class cuisine and distinct activities and amenities for an entirely bespoke experience, whether your travel tastes lean toward culinary exploration, cultural immersion or thrilling adventures. And trust us, they’re more than just a place to stay. Each is a sought-after destination unto themselves. Read on to discover three Curio Collection by Hilton trips you’ll want to book ASAP—however you like to travel.
Best for Culinary Explorers
Why We Love It: If you’re a seafood aficionado, listen up. Baker’s Cay Resort Key Largo, Curio Collection by Hilton combines the laid-back tropical vibes of the Florida Keys with acclaimed amenities. (Think: two private beaches, pools and a wellness salon). But it’s the dining options—from upscale restaurants to a more hands-on culinary experience—that’ll make your trip one for the books. When you’re not feasting, try the on-site parasailing, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards, or embark on a deep-sea or backcountry fishing excursion.
Can’t-Miss Foodie Experiences:
- Foodies flock to Baker’s Cay Resort for its one-of-a-kind Dock to Dish program. You’ll become the fisher (with the help of experts, of course) doing everything from threading the line to hand-picking your choice of herbs. Then, your catch of the day will be prepared by a designated resort chef who’s a master at whipping up off-menu dishes. The meal is completely tailored to your tastes, which means no two dinners will be the same.
- On-site restaurant Calusa offers Creole/Caribbean-inspired dishes using local seafood and seasonal produce for breakfast, brunch or dinner. Grab a table on the open-air terrace while you nosh on everything from lobster benedict to whole-fried local snapper to award-winning key lime pie. Don’t miss their nightly sunset celebrations over the brilliantly hued Florida Bay.
- Up for a nightcap? Join the hotel’s certified tequila connoisseurs at the resort’s Dry Rocks, where guests are invited to sample signature Baker's Cay Patron Reposado and Anejo. Snacks like queso blanco, nachos and tacos are on hand to complement your spirit of choice.
Best for Adventurous Travelers
Why We Love It: This upscale getaway is made all the more impressive thanks to its natural setting framed by sculptural boulder formations and striking mountains—the ideal home base for an adrenaline junkie. An on-site concierge will help you choose from a wide array of outdoor adventures, while traveling companions looking to relax can make use of the massive wellness salon and four separate swimming pools.
Can’t-Miss Adventurous Experiences:
- Lower your handicap at one of two world-class golf courses, surrounded by stunning boulders, gorgeous sunsets and natural terrain. If racquet sports are more your thing, hop on one of the first-class courts for a game of tennis. Pickleball devotees, you’re also in luck. There are 12 (!) newly enhanced pickleball courts. The hotel is even hosting a mixed doubles Pickleball Tournament this fall, complete with discounted rooms for participants.
- Looking to transcend the traditional? Saddle up for horseback riding through the Tonto National Forest, take a guided desert hike, become one with nature during a wildlife tour, go night riding on a moonlight bike ride, or experience stargazing with a professional astronomer.
- If you want to scale new heights, try real-life rock climbing, see the Sonoran Desert from one thousand feet in the air during a hot air balloon ride, or take a Grand Canyon Air Tour to view the world-famous national park from a whole different perspective. Talk about a bucket list trip.
Best for Culturally Curious Travelers
Why We Love It: Experience the charm of this island nation at the Iceland Parliament Hotel, located in the former headquarters of Iceland Telecom. Not only are you smack dab in the Reykjavik city center, but you’re also next door to the Icelandic Parliament, one of the oldest surviving parliaments in the world.
Can’t-Miss Cultural Experiences:
- You don’t even need to leave your hotel to take in a piece of Icelandic history. On display is part of the largest privately owned art collection in the country, giving guests access to renowned Icelandic art right in the lobby.
- Casual sociability is at the heart of local culture. Spend the night sipping craft beer at the on-site Telebar before sampling lightly smoked cod and other regional favorites at Hjá Jóni Restaurant. The morning after, relax and unwind at Parliament Spa—complete with traditional geothermal hot tubs, saunas and steam baths.
- Stroll right across the street to Austurvöllur, a public square and popular gathering place complete with numerous cafes, restaurants and bars to explore and experience. You’ll also find a statue of the leader of Iceland’s independence movement, which is why this is the home to Independence Day celebrations and ceremonies that begin every June 17th.