Tagalong Pound Cake
Isn't it the saddest when you run out of your favorite box(es) of Girl Scout Cookies? If Tagalongs are your jam, then this pound cake recipe inspired by said cookies is the only thing you'll need to get you through. Warning: Just try to have one piece. (The hardest.)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups sugar
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup confectioners' sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
⅓ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2. Make the Cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the side of the bowl well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
4. In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Add a third of the flour mixture to the mixer and mix to combine. Addhalf of the cream and mix to combine. Repeat, alternating additions of flour and cream until both are fully incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool completely.
6. Make the Frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
7. Scoop the peanut butter mixture on top of the cooled cake. Spread into an even layer and then refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
8. Place the chocolate chips in a small heat-safe bowl. In a small pot, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
9. Pour the chocolate glaze over the chilled cake, letting the excess run down the sides. Chill in the refrigerator until set, 10 to 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.