Slow-Cooker Cherry-Almond Granola
Fact: Granola is the ultimate breakfast treat. It's sweet, crunchy and completely addictive. Now it's even easier to make, thanks to this slow-cooker version. Would you believe us if we told you there's no oven required? Serve over yogurt, if you can resist it on its own.
6 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups sliced almonds
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 cup coconut oil
¾ cup agave or maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ dried cherries
Yogurt for serving (optional)
1. In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the oats with the almonds, coconut flakes, cinnamon and ginger.
2. Add the coconut oil, agave or maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until the oats are well coated.
3. Cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Scoop the granola onto a baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Mix in the dried cherries and let cool to room temperature.
5. Serve with yogurt, or as desired.