The Easiest Raw Apricot Candy
If homemade candy conjures up scary images of thermometers and hot, bubbling sugar, think again. These homemade treats are no-bake and ready in 30 minutes. In fact, they’re so easy the kiddos can help you prep—and with no bad ingredients, so you can feel perfectly OK letting your little ones have seconds. (And while you’re at it, sneak some for yourself.)
3¾ cup dried apricots (about 1 pound)
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon coconut oil
¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
Pinch fine sea salt
⅔ cup whole raw almonds
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
1. Finely dice ¾ cup of the dried apricots and set aside.
2. Add the remaining apricots, honey, coconut oil, almond extract and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture begins to break down and come together, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the almonds and ½ cup of the coconut and pulse until the almonds are chopped into small pieces but are still visible in the mixture, about 1 minute.
4. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the diced apricots and mix well to combine.
5. Roll the mixture into a log about 2 inches wide. Roll the log in the remaining ½ cup coconut. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1½ to 2 hours.
6. When the log has chilled, cut the log into ½-inch-thick slices. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.