Radish Barbecue Bowls with Tangy Honey-Mustard Dressing
Radish barbecue bowls with tangy honey-mustard dressing (noun): our favorite new way to eat grilled veggies. Instead of throwing a big slab of chicken on top, we’ve subbed in some meaty brined, charred radishes. Trust us, you won’t miss that extra protein.
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
½ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
3 bunches radishes, cleaned and trimmed
¼ cup brine
1 tablespoon honey mustard
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
4 cups mixed greens
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 small beet, peeled and grated
2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Make the Brined Radishes: In a medium pot, bring the vinegar, ½ cup water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, salt, peppercorns and crushed red-pepper flakes to a simmer over medium heat. Stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
2. Place the radishes in a small bowl, cover with the brine and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain the radishes, reserving the brine, and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan over high heat. Grill the radishes until charred on all sides, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Make the Salad: In a large bowl, whisk together the brine and honey mustard. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the mixed greens.
5. Divide the mixed greens among four bowls. Top with the radishes, carrots, beets, avocados, cucumber and sesame seeds.