3-Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Cups
One of the biggest hurdles when it comes to the Paleo diet is getting over the lack of certified candy (what we wouldn’t give for a Reese’s). Thankfully, these almond-butter and dark chocolate cups satisfy our sweet tooth and require zero bake time. The key? Just freeze them after each layer to firm up the base.
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1½ tablespoons coconut oil
1. In a medium heat-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in the microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is fully melted.
2. Line 24 mini muffin cups with mini paper liners.
3. Pour 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate mixture in the base of each cup. Transfer the muffin cups to the freezer until the chocolate is firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove the tray from the freezer and place 1 teaspoon of almond butter on top of the chocolate in each cup. Freeze until the peanut butter is firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove the tray from the freezer and top each with 1 additional teaspoon of the melted chocolate. Transfer to the freezer for until the chocolate is firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Store the cups in the refrigerator until ready to serve.