No-Bake Paleo Almond Butter Cookie Dough Bars
What’s better than cookie dough? Cookie dough covered with chocolate and cocoa nibs. These Paleo-friendly bars made with crunchy almond butter don’t require any baking time (just an hour in the freezer) and are the perfect snack for when you’re craving something sweet.
⅓ cup cool water
2 tablespoons powdered gelatin
¼ cup honey
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup cocoa nibs, plus more for finishing
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1. Pour the water into a small, heat-safe bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over in an even layer. Let sit for 5 minutes, then heat in the microwave until it melts, 20 to 30 seconds.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the almond butter, honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla, salt and melted gelatin. Stir in the cocoa nibs.
3. Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and use your hands to press it into a square about 1 inch thick.
4. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer to chill until firm, about 1 hour. Add the chocolate to a medium heat-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15 second blasts, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted, about 1 minute.
5. Pour the chocolate into the center of the frozen square and spread it into an even layer. Sprinkle cocoa nibs over surface to garnish. Transfer to the freezer until firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Cut the square into 10 even bars. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.