No-Bake Chocolate Peanut-Butter Pretzel Bars
Tell us, out of these three snacks, which one are you craving most right now: chocolate, peanut butter or pretzels? What's that? Can't choose? We couldn't, either, because we love them all for different reasons (salty, sweet, crunchy, smooth…). So we did what any reasonable human being would do. We combined them into one dessert. And you don't even have to turn on the oven to make it.
2½ cups pretzel crumbs (from about half a full-size bag)
1½ cups confectioners' sugar
10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter
1¾ cups smooth peanut butter, divided
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup lightly crumbled pretzels
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray and then line it with parchment paper, allowing 2 inches of extra parchment to hang over the sides.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pretzel crumbs with the confectioners' sugar to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter with 1½ cups peanut butter and vanilla extract to combine. Add the peanut butter mixture to the pretzel mixture and stir until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
3. Place the chocolate chips in a medium-size heat-safe bowl. In a small pot, bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. When the cream is simmering, add it to the chocolate chips and let sit 15 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth and well combined.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the pretzel crumbs and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the crumbled pretzels evenly over the chocolate.
5. In a small bowl, stir the remaining ¼ cup peanut butter to loosen it. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, then drizzle the softened peanut butter over the crumbled pretzels. Refrigerate until firm, 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Cut into 16 even squares. Store the bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.