No-Bake Berry Tiramisu
The number one thing we want to do this summer? Lounge around outside and eat cake. And the thing we really, really don’t feel like doing? Using the oven in our sweltering kitchen. Problem solved: Presenting no-bake berry tiramisu, our new favorite warm-weather dessert.
20 to 30 store-bought ladyfingers
1¼ cups heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
¾ cup ricotta cheese
⅓ cup cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Pinch of cinnamon
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
¾ cup seedless raspberry jam or jelly
2 cups sliced strawberries
1½ cups raspberries
1 cup blackberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Arrange half of the ladyfingers in an even layer in the base of a 9-by-13-inch pan.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whipping attachment, whip the cream with ¾ cup sugar until the mixture forms soft peaks. Add the ricotta, cream cheese, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond extract (if using) and whip until medium peaks form.
3. Pour half of the cream mixture over the ladyfingers and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Spread the jam on top of the cream in an even layer.
4. Arrange the remaining ladyfingers on top of the jam in an even layer. Top with the remaining cream mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries, raspberries and blackberries with the lemon juice to combine. Add the remaining ¼ cup sugar and mix well.
6. Pour the berry mixture in an even layer on top of the cream. Chill for 1 hour (or up to overnight) to soften the ladyfingers before serving.