Nachos are the Jenga of appetizers: One wrong move and it's game over. Seriously, you either pick the chip that drags all the toppings with it or get the one bare chip in the whole freaking pile. There has to be a better way that lets you enjoy all that cheesy goodness in every bite. And now there is: our recipe for mini nachos.
1 bag tortilla chips
1½ cups shredded chicken
¾ cup cooked black beans
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
¾ cup scallions, thinly sliced
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
1 avocado, diced
¾ cup salsa
½ cup sour cream
1. Preheat your broiler on low. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the baking sheet, build a small spiral of 15 chips, stacking them close together in a 3-inch circle. Repeat to make a total of 6 piles.
3. Sprinkle ¼ cup chicken and 2 tablespoons black beans on top of each pile of chips. Top each with ½ cup shredded cheese.
4. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the cheese is totally melted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
5. Top each pile with 2 tablespoons scallions, a few jalapeño slices, 2 tablespoons avocado, 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Serve immediately.