What if we told you that you could have a full holiday meal ready in under two hours? It sounds too good to be true but we’re making it a reality with these dinner and dessert recipes. Start by making an Instant Pot Maple-Glazed Ham in just 25 minutes (psst, the glaze also has fresh pomegranate juice) and finish the meal with an easy Pecan Pie Bubble-Up Cake made in a Pyrex Deep baking dish. In 60 minutes, you’ll have an irresistible ooey, gooey confection. Serve it up with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy.
1 cup pomegranate juice
½ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
One 2½ to 3 pound boneless smoked ham
Prep: 10 min Cook: 1 hr Total: 1 hr 10 min
Cooking spray, as needed
1½ cups dark brown sugar, packed
1½ cups dark corn syrup
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup heavy cream
6 large eggs
⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
1½ teaspoon fine sea salt
One 16.3-ounce can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3 cups pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
Ice cream, for serving (optional)
1. Add the pomegranate juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, butter, garlic powder and pepper to a 6-quart Instant Pot.
2. Place a trivet or rack in the pot and lower the ham onto it. Close and lock the lid. Select Pressure Cook or Manual at High Pressure. Set the timer for 15 minutes.
3. Vent to quick-release the steam. Open the lid, carefully remove the ham onto a plate and remove the trivet or rack.
4. To reduce the glaze, select Sauté on High for 8 minutes. The glaze will come to a rolling boil. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
5. Brush the glaze liberally over the ham and pour the excess into a small bowl or jug to serve on the side.
1. With a rack in the center position, preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a Pyrex Deep dish with cooking spray.
2. Place the sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream, eggs, flour, bourbon (if using) and salt in a large bowl. Use an immersion blender to mix all the ingredients into a smooth batter.
3. Separate the biscuits and cut each into 8 pieces, then add them to the batter.
4. Add the pecans and chocolate chips to the bowl and stir to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared Pyrex Deep dish. Bake until the top is deep golden brown, 50 minutes to 1 hour. (If the top is browning too fast, cover with a baking sheet or aluminum foil and continue to bake.) The center will be slightly jiggly.
6. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream on the side, if desired.