Layered Smoked Salmon Dip with Mini Bagel Chips
Crab dip? Meh. But layered smoked salmon dip with mini bagel chips? Let’s just say if you can’t find us at the party, we’re probably hanging out next to this beauty. Picture everything you’d smear onto a bagel—from smoked salmon to chives to capers—bountifully stacked up on a plate.
⅓ cup drained capers
½ red onion, minced
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
2½ tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1½ tablespoons prepared horseradish
12 ounces smoked salmon, diced
3 tablespoons minced chives
Zest of 1 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
Toasted mini bagels or bagel chips, for serving
1. On a medium plate, spread the cream cheese into an even layer about ½ inch thick. Try to keep it in a circle using the edge of the plate as a guide.
2. Spread the mustard into a thin, even layer on top of the cream cheese.
3. Dollop the horseradish evenly over the mustard and gently spread into an even layer.
4. Sprinkle the capers over the horseradish in an even layer.
5. Sprinkle the red onion over the capers in an even layer.
6. Sprinkle the smoked salmon evenly over the red onion in an even layer.
7. In a small bowl, mix the chives and lemon zest to combine. Sprinkle evenly over the salmon. Garnish with pepper, and serve with toasted bagels or bagel chips for dipping.