Chocolate-Chip-Cookie Tart Crust
You can never have too much of a good thing, especially if it involves cookies. Which is why we turned homemade chocolate-chip cookie dough into a tart crust, ready for any kind of filling your heart desires. (You could also use store-bought dough in a pinch.) We highly recommend our chocolate ganache filling, which is right at home in this crust. Or you could use whipped cream, pudding or even your favorite ice cream.
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 11-inch tart pan with nonstick spray.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix to combine. Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly incorporated.
4. Press the dough into the prepared tart pan, creating an even layer in the base and up the side. Use a paring knife to remove excess dough from the edge.
5. Bake the crust until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before filling and serving.
Note: To bake this crust in a 9-inch tart pan, remove 1 cup of the finished dough from the mixture before pressing the remainder into the tart pan. To make use of that extra dough, divide it into 6 pieces and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.