Guys. We've tried a lot of different ways to make nachos. In fact, we've replaced the tortilla chips with everything from Tater Tots to roasted cauliflower. But we've never had anything quite like this recipe for breakfast nachos. It all starts with frozen waffles…
10 frozen waffles, thawed and cut into quarters
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
½ cup salsa
½ red onion, minced
1 avocado, cubed
⅓ cup minced cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Arrange the waffles in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the waffles and then transfer the sheet to the oven. Bake until the waffles are golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. While the nachos bake, fry the eggs. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the hot pan, then reduce the heat to low. Fry the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. When the nachos come out of the oven, transfer the eggs to the baking sheet, placing them on top of the waffles.
5. Sprinkle the bacon evenly over the nachos and then drizzle with the salsa. Top with the red onion, avocado and cilantro. Serve immediately.