Who needs a restaurant when you can create a five-star blackened chicken burrito bowl in the comfort of your kitchen? Not us. Fresh ingredients like PERDUE® FRESH CUTS™ Diced Chicken Breast, juicy mango and cilantro come together perfectly with black beans and quinoa to create a delicious meal in less than 30 minutes. Plus, there’s hardly any prep or messy cleanup. All you’ll need is a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a zesty finish.
¼ cup orange juice
Juice of 1 lime, divided
2½ teaspoons Mexican seasoning with salt, divided
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 mango, diced
1 cup cilantro leaves, divided
One 15-ounce can black beans
2½ cups cooked quinoa, for serving
4 lime wedges, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the orange juice, half the lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the Mexican seasoning. Stir in the PERDUE® FRESH CUTS™ Diced Chicken Breast. Set aside to marinate at least 20 minutes, or refrigerate up to an hour.
2. Meanwhile, heat the broiler. On a rimmed baking sheet, season the peppers with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Broil the peppers, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened and browned in parts, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Make the mango salsa: In a small bowl, combine the mango with half the cilantro, the remaining lime juice and the remaining ½ teaspoon Mexican seasoning; season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain and rinse the black beans. Transfer to a heat-safe bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Microwave until hot, stirring once, about 2 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
5. Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, then add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Shake the excess marinade from the chicken and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is deeply golden, fragrant and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken over the quinoa with the black beans, mango salsa, roasted pepper, remaining cilantro and lime wedges.