Sheet Tray Pancakes with Peaches and Strawberries
It’s hard to beat a tall stack of flapjacks on Saturday morning. Introducing the competition: sheet tray pancakes with peaches and strawberries, aka pancakes that don’t need to be flipped. Just whisk the batter, pour it into a sheet tray and stick it in the oven. Then put your feet up and read the newspaper until breakfast is ready. You’re welcome.
Nonstick cooking spray
2½ cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 peaches, pitted and sliced
1½ cups sliced strawberries
Confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the paper and the sides of the pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
3. Pour the batter into the baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Arrange the peaches and strawberries across the top.
4. Bake until the pancake springs back slightly when touched in the center, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the pancake with confectioners’ sugar, slice into squares and serve with maple syrup.