Baileys Coffee Granita
We have nothing against you, iced coffee. It’s just that, well, this Baileys coffee granita has completely stolen our hearts—and taste buds. Essentially, an “adult” slushy we love the idea of serving this drink as an alternative to after-dinner espressos.
½ cup freshly brewed hot coffee
¾ cup sugar
3½ cups cold coffee (can be cold brew or leftover, cooled coffee)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup half-and-half
½ cup Baileys Irish Cream
1. In a large, heat-safe bowl, pour the hot coffee over the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Stir in the cold coffee and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish (like a 9-by-9 inch baking dish). Transfer to the freezer and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours, and up to overnight.
3. In a small bowl, stir the half-and-half and Baileys to combine. Refrigerate the mixture while the granita freezes.
4. Once the granita is frozen, scrape it with a fork to create small crystals. Transfer the granita to tall glasses while you work.
5. To serve, pour the chilled Baileys mixture over the granita. Serve immediately.
Please drink responsibly. BAILEYS Irish Cream Liqueur. 17% Alc. Vol. ©2016 R&A Baileys & Co. Imported by Paddington, Ltd. Norwalk, CT