Baileys Chocolate Truffles
Instead of baking the same old chocolatey desserts (ahem, cupcakes), try something different. Baileys-infused truffles, perhaps? Requiring only five ingredients and two hours of your time, you’ll be set with a gourmet dessert and still have time to binge watch Netflix.
One 12 ounce bag dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Sprinkles, as needed for finishing
1. Place the chocolate chips in a medium, heat safe bowl.
2. In a small pot, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. When it’s boiling, remove from the heat and stir in the Baileys Irish Cream.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 15 seconds. Stir the mixture until it’s smooth and glossy. If the chocolate doesn’t all melt, microwave the mixture in 15 second intervals until it’s totally smooth.
4. Stir the butter into the ganache until it’s melted and fully combined. Pour the mixture into a medium shallow dish (like a 9x9 baking dish or casserole), and transfer to the refrigerator. Chill until the ganache is firm, about 1 hour.
5. To shape the truffles, scoop 2 tablespoon mounds of ganache and roll them into balls between your palms. Scatter sprinkles into an even layer on a medium plate, and roll each truffle in sprinkles to coat.
6. Keep the truffles refrigerated until ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.
Please drink responsibly. BAILEYS Irish Cream Liqueur. 17% Alc. Vol. ©2016 R&A Baileys & Co. Imported by Paddington, Ltd. Norwalk, CT