Triple-Decker Grilled Cheese
Just because you’re an adult doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite childhood eats from time to time. Take the classic grilled cheese. Instead of using white bread and Kraft Singles, we’ve constructed a sandwich that suits your grown-up self. We take three pieces of sourdough bread and layer them with melty mozzarella, sharp cheddar and creamy goat cheese for a tower of cheesy (and slightly sophisticated) goodness.
6 slices sourdough bread
4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
2 ounces goat cheese
4 ounces sharp cheddar
4 ounces fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon softened butter on a piece of bread. Spread 1 ounce goat cheese on the other side. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place the bread, butter side down, in the pan.
3. While the bread toasts, sprinkle 2 ounces sharp cheddar on top of the goat cheese and then top with another piece of bread. Place 2 ounces fresh mozzarella on top of the second slice of bread.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon butter on a third slice of bread, then place it, butter side up, on top of the mozzarella. When the first piece of bread is golden brown, flip the sandwich over and toast until the other side is golden brown.
5. Transfer the sandwich to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining bread, cheeses and butter. When both sandwiches are assembled on the baking sheet, transfer the sandwiches to the oven and bake until heated through, 5 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.