Mini No-Bake Gingersnap Icebox Cakes
Between roast turkeys, pumpkin pies and holiday cookies, your oven is exhausted. So we’ve come up with a way to pull off an impressive seasonal dessert without any baking: mini icebox cakes. They’re a sweet twist on the original, and all you have to do is assemble the ingredients and then refrigerate until you’re ready to serve (with a drizzle of caramel sauce, of course).
1¼ cups heavy cream
⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for finishing
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
36 thin gingersnap cookies (such as Anna’s Ginger Thins)
¼ cup store-bought caramel sauce
1. Line a baking sheet that will fit in your refrigerator with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract to medium peaks.
3. Arrange 6 cookies on the prepared baking sheet. Top a cookie with 1 tablespoon of the whipped cream. Place another cookie on top and press lightly until the cream nearly reaches the edge of the cookie. Top with another tablespoon of the whipped cream and another cookie. Continue layering in this way until you have six 6-cookie stacks.
4. Top the sixth cookie of each stack with 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon.
5. Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour 30 minutes (or up to overnight). Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
6. To serve, garnish each stack with 2 teaspoons caramel sauce.