Eggs Baked in Bread Bowls
Eggs and toast just go together. So we had a brilliant idea: Why not swap the toast for mini bread bowls? And that's how this genius recipe for eggs baked in bread bowls was um, hatched.
4 small rolls
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped chives
¼ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use a serrated knife to cut the top quarter off the buns (transfer the top pieces to the baking sheet). Scoop out some of the bread to make a well in the center.
3. Arrange the bread bowls on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheddar and 1 tablespoon chives into the base of each bowl.
4. Crack an egg into each bread bowl. Top each egg with 1 tablespoon cream or half-and-half. Season each egg with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until the rolls are toasted, the egg whites are set and the yolk is still a little jiggly, 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then garnish each with 1½ teaspoons parsley. Serve immediately.