Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
We love cheesecake. We love cookies. Naturally, we had to combine them to make the greatest thumbprint cookie recipe ever. Let's waste no time and get right to baking.
12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup light brown sugar
⅓ cup sugar
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 20 crackers)
1¾ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Make the Cookies: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the egg and mix to combine, 1 to 2 minutes more.
3. In a medium bowl, stir the flour with the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt to combine. Add to the mixer and mix just until fully incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball; repeat with the remaining dough. Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each one slightly, then use your thumb to make a deepimpression in the center of each cookie.
5. Make the Filling: In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese with the sugar, egg white and vanilla extract to combine.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into the center of each cookie. Top each cookie with 1 teaspoon jam and then use the tip of a knife or a toothpick to swirl the jam into the cream cheese filling.
7. Bake until the cookies are lightly golden brown at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Store them in an airtight container for up to 6 days at room temperature.