Love dessert but hate making decisions? Us, too. Which is why we came up with this recipe for brownie pie. Top it with whipped cream or ice cream and you've got yourself a serious treat.
1 refrigerated pie crust
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
Four ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
Whipped cream or ice cream, as needed for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a 9-inch pie plate on a baking sheet.
2. Unwrap the pie dough and roll out slightly on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to the prepared pie plate. Tuck the excess dough under at the edges, and crimp as desired using your fingers or a fork. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
3. In a medium-size heat-safe bowl, combine the butter with the chocolate. Place the bowl over a medium pot of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, and whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Add the flour and mix just until combined. Remove the prepared pie crust from the refrigerator and pour the brownie batter into the crust. Place the pie plate on the baking sheet and transfer the whole thing to the oven.
6. Bake until the outside crust is lightly golden brown and the filling is shiny and appears set on the surface, 32 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before slicing. Serve each slice topped with whipped cream or ice cream.