Bacon-Wrapped Cheese Straws
Attention, PureWow readers: Cheese straws should be served at all gatherings, from casual dinners to lavish parties. Our bacon-wrapped cheese straws recipe requires only three ingredients. The result is crunchy twists that’ll keep guests happy...and have them asking you for the recipe.
1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 sheets puff-pastry dough (if frozen, thawed but chilled)
12 slices of bacon, halved lengthwise
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. On a clean surface, sprinkle ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese evenly in a square. Place 1 sheet of puff pastry on top, then sprinkle another ¼ cup cheese over it. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheets slightly (from about ¼-inch thick to about ⅛-inch thick).
3. Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into long, thin strips about ½-inch wide. (The length will vary depending on the brand of puff pastry. Just make sure the strips aren't longer than your baking sheets.)
4. Place a piece of bacon on top of a strip of dough and press lightly. Grab the dough at both ends and twist it. Place the twist onto a prepared baking sheet, and lightly press the ends onto the parchment paper so that they stick and hold the twist in place. Repeat this entire step with the remaining dough strips from the first sheet of puff pastry, then sprinkle ¼ cup Parmesan cheese evenly over the finished twists.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with the second sheet of puff pastry.
6. Bake the straws until they're crispy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve the straws warm or at room temperature.