You want to know what you need to make for breakfast? These rich, crumbly, bacon-cheddar biscuits. They’re a cinch to make and guaranteed to please the grumpiest of morning people. Mimosas not included.
Makes 12 biscuits
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup cooked and crumbled (diced) bacon (roughly 5 slices)
1½ cups heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the cheese and bacon until it is evenly distributed and coated in flour mix.
3. Add the cream, and stir until the dough is just moistened, about 30 seconds.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pat the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch squares (you should get about 12).
5. Place biscuits about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet and brush tops with bacon fat (or melted butter).
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown and are firm to the touch. Cool slightly before serving.