The 9 Best Golden Globes Memes Since Memes Became a Thing
Sure, we watch the Golden Globes to ogle the designer dresses and to see celebs accept their prestigious awards in said dresses, but the real fun is in the memes that follow. From Emma Thompson taking the stage accompanied by a martini to Catherine Zeta-Jones getting emojified, here, the nine best Golden Globes memes that have ever graced the web.
1. When Chrissy Teigen Unleashed the Ugly Cry (2015)
Emotions are tough, people.
2. And Denzel Washington Mimicked Her (2017)
Intentional? Probably not. Amusing? Definitely.
3. When Tommy Lee Jones Channeled Grumpy Cat (2013)
He had fun once. It was terrible.
4. And Emma Thompson Was All of Us After a Martini (2014)
Louboutins or not, heels are the worst.
5. When Lena Dunham Was Joyce Byers Before There Was a Joyce Byers (2014)
Is it weird that we want a Stranger Things and Girls crossover now? Yes? OK.
6. And Benedict Cumberbatch Was *So* Honored (2016)
7. When Brendan Fraser Had a Moment (2010)
We’re laughing with you, not at you, Brendan Fraser.
8. And Reese Witherspoon Proved She's BFF Goals (2018)
The actress’s reaction to Nicole Kidman’s win says it all. Bless your sweet Southern heart, Reese.
9. And Finally, When Catherine Zeta-Jones Became an Emoji (2015)
Brava, to the brilliant soul that Photoshopped this.
We can’t wait to see what memes come from the 76th annual Golden Globes, airing on Sunday, January 6, on NBC.