34 Strawberry Rhubarb Recipes that Go Way Beyond Pie
The arrival of spring means the arrival of two of our farmers market favorites: strawberries and rhubarb. And as much as we adore the pair in pie, there’s a whole world of recipes that showcase their sweet-tart flavors. Need proof? Try these 34 strawberry rhubarb recipes that will inspire you to think beyond the pie tin, from margaritas and muffins to stir-fry (really).
1. Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
The creamy, decadent vanilla base complements the tartness of the strawberry-rhubarb swirl like a dream.
2. Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Bars
All the flavor of pie in a portable, giftable, freezable form.
3. Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
A cobbler is similar to a pie, but it lacks a bottom crust, and the topping is more like a giant biscuit. It’s also easier to make but tastes just as good.
4. Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake
Time to break out that Bundt pan you received as a gift but have never touched. This will be worth it.
5. Almond Cake with Roasted Strawberries and Rhubarb
The almond cake isn’t just delicious; it’s also gluten-free.
6. Berry Rhubarb Galette with Almond Granola Topping
Each mini galette is the ideal size for two, or one if you don’t feel like sharing.
7. Brown Sugar Strawberry and Rhubarb Muffins
Rhubarb is technically a vegetable, so you’re eating vegetables for breakfast. How virtuous.
8. Strawberry Rhubarb Slab Pie
Sure, this counts as pie, but it’s a slab pie. That means more crust (and therefore more deliciousness).
9. Rhubarb Strawberry Margaritas
This will kick off margarita season quite nicely, if you ask us.
10. Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Honey Butter Biscuits
Come for the juicy, sweet-and-sour fruit filling and stay for the flaky homemade biscuits.
11. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie à la Mode Popsicles
No forks, spoons or plates required for this one.
12. Strawberry Rhubarb Rosé Sangria
This has backyard barbecue written all over it.
13. Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars
As if the jammy filling and buttery crust weren’t enough, there’s a vanilla glaze on top. It’s optional (but not really).
14. Rhubarb Apple Sparkling Sangria
It tastes best if you drink it on a porch or back patio, just saying.
15. Mini Pavlovas with Strawberry, Rhubarb and Mint
These light and airy confections look super impressive, but they’re actually easy to pull off.
16. Lightened-Up Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
It’s vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free and made without refined sugar…but you wouldn’t know that just by taste.
17. Small-Batch Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Maple and Chia
Instead of setting the jam with the traditional pectin (which requires a lot of sugar), this one uses chia seeds.
18. Strawberry Rhubarb Loaf
You’ve mastered banana bread; you’re long overdue to try this.
19. Strawberry-Rhubarb Yogurt Pops
The most difficult part of this recipe is waiting for the pops to freeze before you dig in.
20. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
This dessert comes together in under an hour, which is about how long rhubarb season lasts. (We’re joking…kind of.)
21. Gluten-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes
The addition of rosewater and lemon in the filling really takes these cuties over the top.
22. Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb and Yogurt Parfaits
It’s almost as good as eating a slice of pie for breakfast, no?
23. Sorghum Doughnuts with Strawberry Rhubarb Glaze
Sorghum flour and ground almonds keep these doughnuts gluten-free. Make a batch before your next brunch.
24. Strawberry Rhubarb Chicken Stir-Fry with Orange Sauce and Zucchini Noodles
It sounds out there, but the combination of tart rhubarb, sweet strawberries and savory orange chicken really works.
25. Strawberry-Rhubarb Almond Scones
These are not your average (read: crumbly, sad and dry) scones. They’re tender, moist and finished with an almond glaze.
26. Rhubarb Berry Hand Pies with Chocolate
FYI, rhubarb plays nicely with all kinds of berries. These handheld bites have blueberries and strawberries.
27. Strawberry Rhubarb Yogurt Cake
Make this gluten-free cake with strawberries and rhubarb now, and sour cherries in the summer.
28. Strawberry French Toast Bake with Rhubarb
Psst: Make it the night before for ultimate breakfast east.
29. Coconut Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Maple syrup has nothing on homemade strawberry rhubarb compote.
30. Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Coconut
This cobbler is grain- and refined-sugar-free, so you could definitely eat it for breakfast.
31. Strawberry Rhubarb Vanilla Skillet Cake
If you have 15 minutes to prep and a cast-iron skillet on hand, you have dessert.
32. Gluten-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
We just need to know: whipped cream or ice cream?
33. Strawberry Rose Rhubarb Ribbon Ice Cream
We bet your nearest ice-cream shop doesn’t have this flavor on the menu.
34. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
It’s just as flaky, fruity and delicious as the one your grandma used to make.