17 Healthy Cold-Weather Recipes That Won't Ruin Your Diet
It's possible, we promise
It’s sweater weather, and you know what that means: Bring on the warm, satisfying comfort foods. But that giant bowl of fettuccine Alfredo always makes us feel a little too stuffed. So this winter, we’re swapping out diet-ruining fare for healthier dinners that warm us up without weighing us down. Here, 17 healthy cold weather recipes you'll love.
1. Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka
Kind of our ideal dinner. (And breakfast. And lunch. And brunch.)
2. Hearty Stuffed Butternut Squash
The best dinners are served in (mostly) edible vessels.
3. Roasted Tomatillo Chickpea Curry
Filling without being heavy.
4. Zoodles with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
FYI, we’re never not craving zoodles.
5. Winter Bliss Bowls
Colorful, nutritious and yes, blissful.
6. Sweet Potato Fettuccine in Gorgonzola Sauce
Mmm, stinky cheese makes everything better.
7. Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Frittata
Set it and forget it. (And devour it.)
8. No Noodle Pad Thai
We thought the noodles were the best part. We were wrong.
9. Thai Red Curry, Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
Make this as spicy (or mild) as you please.
10. Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Radish Salsa
Do it for the radish salsa.
11. Roasted Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Quinoa and Spinach
Remember what we said about edible vessels?
12. One-Pan Zucchini Noodle Skillet
Zoodles strike again.
13. Creamy Vegan Zucchini Soup
Creamy, vegan and gluten-free. What more could you want?
14. Caramelized Brussels Sprouts and Chorizo
Already thinking about our second helping.
15. Mongolian Beef with Cauliflower Rice
Thank goodness for cauliflower rice.
16. Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Crispy Goat Cheese
How can a meatless meal taste this hearty?