17 Five-Ingredient Recipes for Stressed-Out Holiday Hosts
The holidays are a time for celebration, joyous parties…and stuffing your face with seven different kinds of dessert. But when you’re hosting, the stress of creating a party-worthy spread can be intense. So this year, let’s simplify: Here are 17 five-ingredient recipes to make for Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year’s and beyond. Now, what time should we come over?
1. 5-Ingredient Lemon Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
With just five ingredients and 30 minutes of prep, Monique Volz’s yogurt-marinated chicken breast makes an incredible last-minute holiday meal.
2. 5-Ingredient Za’atar Roasted Beet Toasts
Phoebe Lapine’s za’atar roasted beet toasts look way fancier than their ten-minute prep would imply.
3. 5-Ingredient Double-Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Need some quick last-minute treats? These double-chocolate peppermint cookies require only five ingredients. (We won’t tell that you used boxed cake mix.)
4. 5-Ingredient Burst Tomato Spread
Here’s a hearty app for any party. Because who can say no to toasted bread dipped in spicy tomatoes?
5. 5-Ingredient Cranberry Brie Cinnamon Puff-Pastry Swirls
Grab that puff pastry from the freezer to whip up these cranberry, Brie and cinnamon swirls. Hint: They’ll upgrade any holiday spread.
6. 5-Ingredient Honey Ginger Salmon
Need a quick and easy main dish for the 7 million family members coming to visit? Try Katie Workman’s honey ginger salmon. It’s done in 20 minutes, so you can get back to Uncle Bob’s endless stories.
7. 5-Ingredient Smoked Gouda-Thyme Mac and Cheese
Here’s a dinner idea that the kids (and who are you kidding, you) can get behind.
8. Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
These delightful little pinwheels will quickly become your go-to holiday appetizer, whether you’re passing them around on a silver tray or munching on them straight from the baking sheet.
9. 5-Ingredient Spinach Parmesan Pasta
Our motto? When in doubt, make a huge pot of pasta. (Oh, and add a shake of red-pepper flakes to make it look really festive.)
10. Easy 5-Ingredient Matcha Panna Cotta with Muddled Raspberries
A Michelin-starred dinner? Nope, it’s Phoebe Lapine’s matcha panna cotta with muddled raspberries.
11. Peppermint Bark
This holiday staple requires only five ingredients: white chocolate, semisweet chocolate, peppermint extract, canola oil and, obviously, crushed candy canes.
12. Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake
Oh, how fancy! Surprise your guests with this molten chocolate cake that, shockingly, doesn’t require a shopping cart full of groceries.
13. 5-Ingredient Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Kale Pesto
When you suddenly realize that you don’t have an appetizer for your dinner party, this filling soup comes to the rescue.
14. Healthy 5-Ingredient Cake Batter Freezer Fudge
A holiday showstopper that doubles as a stocking stuffer. (And did we mention it’s ready to eat in 35 minutes?)
15. 5-Ingredient Red-Wine Cranberry Sauce
Whether you’re serving turkey or a baked Brie, this side will take the dish from standard to “Whoa, can I have the recipe?”
16. 5-Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes
When you have a million houseguests, breakfast is usually an afterthought. But thanks to Monique Volz’s simple almond flour pancakes, it’s about to be your guests’ favorite meal.
17. 5-Ingredient Whiskey Dark Chocolate Truffles
Looking for some decadence you can whip up in seconds? Behold, the classiest truffles in the universe.