Disney fans (and, more importantly, soft pretzel fans such as ourselves) are probably saying "thank you" right about now. Why? The brand just released its recipe for Mickey Pretzels, a cute snack you can normally only buy in its theme parks.
Store-bought pizza dough (room temperature)
Sea salt flakes
2 egg whites, whisked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Allow the store-bought pizza dough to reach room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 4 pieces to make 4 pretzels.
- Working on 1 pretzel at a time, separate the dough into 3 balls, one ball larger than the other two.
- Roll out the largest piece for the head and the smaller pieces for the ears. Tip: Don’t over-flour the dough; keep it sticky.
- Create 3 circles with the dough. The large circle will be Mickey’s head, and the two smaller circles will be his ears.
- Make sure the small circles are attached to the large circle. The dough should be sticky enough so his ears are attached to create one fun pretzel!
- Brush the pretzel with the egg whites and lightly sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Once your pretzels are baked to golden-brown perfection, the site recommends serving them with a store-bought cheese dip or mustard.
It's certainly not the first time Disney has shared one of its most popular recipes. Just a few of the others you can make at home are the World Famous Grilled Cheese, Classic Dole Whip and Plant-Based Cookie Fries.
Do these Mickey Pretzels technically taste just like any old soft pretzel? Maybe. Does the Disney flair make them infinitely more fun? You bet.