That’s right, folks. Disney has released yet another recipe for one of its iconic theme park treats—Plant-Based Cookie Fries from the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop. According to the Disney Parks Blog, the chocolate chip dessert sticks are similar to biscotti and normally pair with several (also plant-based) dipping sauces: marshmallow cream, chocolate and strawberry. The recipe only calls for seven (!) ingredients, many of which you most likely have in your kitchen already. Not to mention, the serving size is a whopping 32 cookie fries. We’re serious.
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
7 tablespoons warm water
5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, powdered sugar and plant-based margarine in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
2. In a small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to the mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
6. Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
And since the sauces aren’t included in this recipe, we recommend dipping them in whatever your heart desires.