Disney has done it again. This week, they shared yet another delicious theme park recipe, and we are so ready to recreate it at home.
Yup, over the weekend, the company posted the step-by-step instructions for making their famous grilled cheese from Toy Story Land on the Disney Parks Blog website. According to the site, the tutorial for this iconic dish (which comes from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) was released in honor of National Grilled Cheese Day (April 12).
“While we can’t visit Andy’s backyard right now, this recipe is just one more great way to create #DisneyMagicMoments in your own backyard (or kitchen),” the website reads. And thankfully, the extra-cheesy sandwich is extremely easy to make.
Cream Cheese Spread
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
8 slices of artisan bread
8 cheddar cheese slices
8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
1. Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
1. Combine mayonnaise, garlic and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
1. Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
2. Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices.
3. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
4. Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
5. Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
7. Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
8. Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Looks like we officially have tonight’s dinner and dessert, thanks to Disney.