The clip shows Cox following the recipe while “I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift plays in the background. In the caption, she credits chef Jamie Oliver for the recipe, writing, “Chicken in Milk with sage and citrus (so good) Thanks @jamieoliver xx Also check out his new book: Together.”
Oliver introduced this recipe to the world back in 2002, basing it off of the way Italians have braised pork in milk for generations. It’s been a hit online ever since, so if you haven’t tried this seven-ingredient entree yet, consider this your moment to finally make it for dinner.
Need further convincing? Here’s how Cox breaks down how to make the dish, which is practically foolproof:
- Preheat the oven to 375 and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken.
- Season the chicken generously with sea salt and black pepper and fry it in the butter and a little oil, turning regularly to get an even color all over.
- Remove from the heat, put the chicken on a plate, and throw away the oil and butter left in the pot. This will leave you with sticky goodness at the bottom of the pan for a caramelly flavor later on.
- Put the chicken back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients (speed-peel the lemon zest and leave the garlic cloves unpeeled) and cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with the cooking juice when you remember. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making an amazing sauce.
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide between plates. Spoon over plenty of juice and the little curds. Delicious served with wilted spinach or greens and some mashed potato.
BRB, adjusting our grocery list.
Want all the latest celebrity news sent right to your inbox? Click here.