If you’re looking for a new way to keep your kids active this summer, Walmart is here to help. Say hello to Camp by Walmart: A free virtual summer camp filled with hundreds of interactive activities, games and challenges for kids who are unable to attend traditional camps in person this year.
The best part? Neil Patrick Harris is Head Camp Counselor. Each morning, Counselor Neil sends families through one of 14 camp challenges from Neil’s Charades to musical Mad Libs. After you tackle the morning challenge, users can choose how to spend their day from a wide array of activities ranging from crafting friendship bracelets to building racecars to painting with watercolors. The app is broken out into different, completely interactive categories:
- The Great Family Showdown: A series of family-bonding activities that are nothing short of fun. Think: Drew Barrymore taking campers through a make-up tutorial and LeBron James leading them through mental and physical activities
- Skills Camp: A talent show that features experts (ahem, Idina Menzel) teaching new skills to campers.
- Smarts and Crafts: Designer Todd Oldham demonstrates creativity through the lens of arts, crafts and fashion.
- Happy Clouds: Rotating artists paint fun pieces of art by asking campers for their help on deciding what to paint.
- Crazy Contraptions: Solve a series of engineering riddles to become a “Machine Master.”
- Make It Awesome: The ultimate guide to DIY crafts. Think tie-dye, slime, origami, birdhouses, kaleidoscopes…the list goes on.
If this all sounds like it’s too good to be true, that’s because it is. All you have to do is download the Walmart app (you can find it within the Services tab) and you’ll instantly be transported into the coolest summer camp. We suggest starting off with the tie-dyeing so the entire family can all wear matching camp tees.
And here’s a little preview (just in case you need more convincing):
Download the Walmart App