24 Things You Need to Do in the Hamptons This August
Despite the inevitable scaries that come with the end of summer rapidly approaching, August is one of the best months in the Hamptons. You’ve got your routine down, and the water has warmed up enough to swim without freezing your butt off. But don’t get too caught up in lounging by the beach—you have one month left to pack in as much summer fun as possible. Better get a move on.
2. Scoop up designer clothing, jewelry, accessories and home decor during the UJA Federation of New York’s Hamptons Trunk Show on August 2. Go ahead and splurge: It’s for a good cause.
3. How’s your paddling arm? Join the Hamptons paddleboard race the morning of August 4 before hitting the sunset party. Both events benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Be inspired by the works of established and emerging artists at Salon 21’s East Hampton pop-up, August 4 through September 3.
5. Have a campfire movie night every Monday at Ruschmeyer’s. Showings include Top Gun, The Princess Bride and more.
6. Pretend you’re summering in the South of France with brunch at Maison Vivienne.
7. Work out like the supermodel you are at Southampton Sweat. This year Christie Brinkley and her daughter Sailor will host the all-day fitness festival on August 5.
8. Listen to music every Monday night in Montauk at the Summer Concerts on the Green series.
10. Pick up some goodies for the pre-adults in your life at kids’ wear, decor, furniture, accessories and toy e-tailer Maisonette’s summer pop-up at Serena & Lily, August. 8 to 19. If only back-to-school shopping had been this much fun when we were kids.
11. S’mores crepes. Need we say more? Find them on National S’mores Day (August 10), plus plenty of other mouthwatering eats, at the Food Truck Derby.
14. Celebrate summer Saint-Tropez–style at Navy Beach’s Riviera Weekend, August 11 and 12.
17. Buy us some peanuts and Cracker Jacks—more specifically at the 70th Annual Artists & Writers Celebrity Softball Game on August 18. You’ll get to watch stars step up to the plate (past sluggers have included Alec Baldwin and Martha Stewart).
18. Incredible ocean views. Live music. Lawn games. Full bar. Spend an evening at George’s Lighthouse Cafe at the Montauk Lighthouse.
19. At the age of 12, Flynn McGarry started hosting his own supper club. Watch his story and then ask him all of your cooking questions during the Hamptons International Film Festival’s SummerDocs series on August 25.
20. Make it a beach day, but first pick up snacks (like a strawberry-basil pop tart or a Thai spicy beef salad) at the hottest new provisions shop in the Hamptons, L & W Market.
21. Start the fall in style. Stock up on your favorite athletic gear at the Lululemon Traveler’s shop popping up in various Hamptons locations each week.
22. Dance, dance, dance. Get in a workout sesh at DanceBody, open all summer long.
23. Test your smarts at the weekly trivia night at Townline BBQ every Wednesday at 7 p.m.
24. Don your fanciest hat for the annual Hampton Classic from August 26 to September 2.