15 On-Trend Nail Colors for Fall
Much like the changing leaves or the return of the pumpkin spice latte, certain colors just give you that time-to-break-out-my-sweaters-feeling. And while it may feel silly to debate what color to paint your nails, we’d argue that uncertain times call for a little comfort and escapism. In keeping with this idea, the trending nail colors for fall are smooth, warm and velvety. Think rich, saturated reds and deep, dark berries and purples that usher in a chillier clime. So, in the name of self-care, here are the 15 most on-trend nail polish colors of the season, all available at Walmart for under $20.
1. OPI Nail Polish in ‘Got the Blues for Red’
A classic red with a cool tone, “Got the Blues for Red” is a staple in our fall nail repertoire. Plus, it stays chip free for up to two weeks. Now, that’s our kind of polish.
2. Essie Nail Polish in ‘Bed Rock & Roll’
Part terracotta, part candy apple, this shade is about as “fall” as it gets.
3. Habit Cosmetics Nail Polish in ‘Tabou’
This transfixing red will take you from PSL season all the way to the new year. Oh, did we mention it's 10-toxin free?
4. Deborah Lippmann in 'Miss Independent’
The ideal velvety purple for when you're feeling a little extra ~spooky~.
5. CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in ‘Decadence’
This nail polish strengthens over time, eliminating the need for a base coat. It’s also chip-resistant, which is a good thing because we can’t wait to pair it with our apple-picking outfit.
6. Essie Nail Polish in ‘Kimono-Over’
"Kimono-over" tonight…we're having merlot to match this deliciously plush berry hue.
7. Londontown Lakur in ‘Picadilly Square’
You're a classic lady who loves a good red. This candy-apple one is as rich as they come.
8. Julep Zodiac Collection Nail Polish in ‘Scorpio’
It’s iridescent and it’s 5-free (made without the use of five potentially toxic chemicals). And it is Scorpio season, after all...
9. OPI Nail Polish in ‘Just Lanai-in Around’
You might say this purple shade is plum perfect.
10. Revlon Nail Polish in ‘Passionate’
This fade-resistant nail polish goes on smooth and bubble-free. It's also the ideal companion for movie night. (Hocus Pocus, anyone?)
11. Habit Cosmetics Non-Toxic Nail Polish in ‘Voodoo’
It’s not just the name, this rich brown polish is spell-binding IRL.
12. CND Vinylux Weekly Nail Polish in ‘Hollywood’
Basically spiced cider in polish form.
13. Zoya Nail Polish in ‘Brigitte’
Hello, perfect shade of mauve.
14. wet n wild Wild Shine Nail Color in ‘Casting Call’
It doesn’t get better than this chic neutral.
15. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Nail Color in ‘Go Garnet’
This moody maroon is a 3-in-1 formula with base and top coat built in, not to mention it dries in 60 seconds.