Between walking the dog and half-marathon training, our feet go through the wringer. And we rarely stop to appreciate them along the way—until sandal season, that is. While the temperatures aren’t quite warm enough to bare our toes just yet, we’re using this time to prep our feet for summer, starting with exfoliation. How? With these 12 exfoliators, peels and scrubs (and a lot of lotion, of course).
The 12 Best Foot Exfoliators for the Smoothest Soles Ever
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
The Best Foot Exfoliators, Winners at a Glance
- Internet Favorite: Baby Foot Moisturizing Mask
- Best Mess-Free Application: Patchology Poshpeel Pedicure
- Best for Overnight: Freeman Beauty Bare Foot Overnight Foot Treatment
- Best for Irritated Skin: TonyMoly Shiny Foot Super Peeling Liquid
- Best Quick Treatment: Prolinc Callus Eliminator
- Best Foot Tool: Rikans Colossal Foot Rasp Foot File and Callus Remover
- Podiatrist Recommendation: Pursources Urea 40% Foot Cream
- Best Foot Scrub: OPI Pro Spa Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
- Top Pick: Soft Touch Foot Peel Mask
- Best Packaging: Purederm Foot Peeling Mask
- Best Anti-Aging: Aliver Foot Peel Mask
- Best Results: Dermora Foot Peel Mask
1. Baby Foot Moisturizing Foot Mask
Behold the OG of foot masks. You’ve probably seen the pictures of peeling feet that took the Internet by storm a few years ago, and maybe you've even tried the product for yourself. If not, you must. The formula helps slough off dead skin cells in the most satisfying sheets, while nourishing soles at the same time.
- The formula contains a blend of exfoliating and moisturizing ingredients like glycolic acid, lactic acid and hyaluronic acid.
- All you have to do is pour the gel into the booties, soak your feet for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Your skin will peel for about two weeks (so you might want to hold off wearing sandals just yet).
2. Patchology Poshpeel Pedicure
Best Mess-Free Application
After soaking your feet in warm water for 10 minutes, pour the enclosed packet of exfoliating essence into the cute little booties and slip your feet into them. After an hour, simply rinse your feet and go about your day. Within the week, dry skin and calluses will start to shed to reveal smoother, softer feet in no time.
- This foot peel contains AHAs (or acids) and moisturizers (like castor oil and rosemary extract).
- Aside from one pair of booties, it also comes with two packs of activating essences for multiple treatments.
- It takes 3-7 days to see results (depending on how rough your feet are).
3. Freeman Beauty Bare Foot Overnight Foot Treatment
Best for Overnight
If you’ve ever applied Vaseline to your feet and worn socks to bed for a night, you’ve got the gist of how this one works. Apply this overnight treatment on cracked feet, slip on some socks and let it sink in overnight. By morning, your feet will be smoother and softer, without any peeling.
- It’s made with marula oil and cocoa butter to condition and nourish your feet.
- You can use 2-3 times a week.
- The scent might be too strong for some people.
4. Tonymoly Shiny Foot Super Peeling Liquid
Best for Irritated Skin
Unfortunately, dry skin can lead to irritation and itching. Thankfully, this 6-in-1 sheet masks can soothe and smooth your feet after one treatment. Just slip on the booties, pour the exfoliating liquid into each bootie equally, and let it soak for up to 90 minutes.
- It’s made with peppermint extract to ease any itching and give a nice cooling effect. Plus, the AHA and BHA mix (aka glycolic and salicylic acids) exfoliate the skin. There's also a host of oils (like argan and lavender) to hydrate dry patches.
- You’ll notice mild peeling four to six days later.
- The whole process takes at least an hour.
5. Prolinc Callus Eliminator
Best Quick Treatment
Don’t have two hours to sit and wait for your foot treatment to sink in? Try this quick, extremely potent gel instead. Just squeeze it directly onto dry calluses, let it absorb for three to five minutes and use a pumice stone to buff off any rough patches. Plus, the 18 oz bottle will last you all summer and then some.
- You only have to wear it for three to five minutes before washing it off.
- It’s very strong, so don’t apply it anywhere that isn’t thick and callused or you can risk burning yourself. (It’s that powerful.)
6. Rikans Colossal Foot Rasp Foot File And Callus Remover
Best Foot Tool
It's exciting when your pedicurist breaks out the foot file, right? This one is nothing fancy, but it gets the job done well. Gently drag it back and forth across heels and calluses after they’ve softened a bit in the shower and you’ll reveal softer soles immediately.
- It's lightweight so you can work it against your heels with ease.
- You can use this on dry or wet feet.
- If you put too much pressure, it can result in irritating the area especially if you have sensitive skin.
7. Pursources Urea 40% Foot Cream
Best Podiatrist Recommendation
If you’re looking for a satisfying physical exfoliation, this cream probably won’t do it for you. But if you're looking for a gentler alternative, this cream comes highly recommended by podiatrist Sarah E. Haller, D.P.M., who uses it on patients (and on her own feet). When used regularly, it can help soften and exfoliate rough callused feet while also preventing dead skin from building up over time.
- It's great for people with extreme dryness and cracked skin.
- It’s made with urea, an ingredient that can help treat skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- It's pretty thick, so little goes a long way.
8. Opi Pro Spa Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
Best Foot Scrub
For a more classic exfoliation, try this sugar scrub. Just scoop out a bit (like they do at the nail salon) and massage it into rough areas for about three minutes before rinsing. We suggest working it into your weekly rotation to keep your feet feeling smoother longer.
- It’s made with sugar granules, plus cupuaçu butter and white tea for a full spa-like experience.
- It won’t work on extremely hard calluses.
9. Soft Touch Foot Peel Mask
Featuring a botanical extract and acid blend, this foot mask checks all of the boxes when it comes to nourishing, repairing and improving the overall appearance of dry skin.
- It's easy to cut the mask to fit specific areas of the feet.
- The two-pack mask fits up to a size 11.
- Your feet can be flakey for 7 to 14 days (depending on your dryness).
10. Purederm Foot Peeling Mask
Why settle for a one-time foot mask especially when you're on your feet all the time? If you want to maintain baby smooth feet, this three-pack can help you stay on top of your foot care. Every week, slip on the booties and let the natural ingredients do their thing.
- It includes a host of moisturizing ingredients like honey, olive oil and sunflower seed oil.
- It takes a couple of days to start peeling.
11. Aliver Foot Peel Mask
Aside from the usual softening of dry heels, this mask also reduces the appearance of fine lines on your feet. The lavender-infused smoothes rough calluses in no time (and smells nice, too). Plus, it comes in a 3-pack so you can give yourself a weekly treatment (because you deserve it).
- It's gentle and soothing on sensitive skin.
- It only takes up to four days for shedding to complete.
- Not all areas will get the peeling treatment.
- You have to leave it on for 50 to 90 minutes for the best results.
12. Dermora Foot Peel Mask
Whether you have dry, cracked or smelly feet, this foot mask is ready to put those woes to rest—in a timely matter at that. While other masks may take a week or more to show results, you'll see the peeling begin in as little as three days with this. For best results, use the two enclosed masks for a month (so once every two weeks) and your calluses will look brand new.
- The ingredients include coconut and papaya extracts for added moisture.
- Your skin sheds in large sheets for easier clean up.
- The booties only come up to your ankles.