Royal News Roundup: New Meghan Markle Maternity Pics, Video of Queen Elizabeth Chasing Prince William & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 1, 2019.
- New, never-before-seen photos posted by @SussexRoyal show a pregnant Meghan Markle hard at work during her maternity leave. The duchess is shown at Smart Works, one of her patronages that helps women in finding resources for job interviews, wearing a vintage coat that she had previously worn in NYC, as well as a $4,000 Gucci tweed dress. She was working on her recently announced workwear capsule collection, which will operate on a 1:1 model; for every item bought, the same will be donated to the charity.
- A new video of Queen Elizabeth chasing a young Prince William has gone viral. It shows 4-year-old William as page boy at Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding in 1986 (wearing a very stylish sailor outfit, might we add). Gan Gan steps in to save the day, chasing her grandson behind the carriage so he doesn't get too close to the wheels.
Late post, but it's been 33 years since the wedding of Prince Andrew and Fergie in 1986. And so here's Queen Elizabeth running after little Prince William to stop him from getting closer to the carriage. Her Majesty as a grandma is cute ?? pic.twitter.com/XTWyC9wVOv? ?lara (@katemidIetons) July 26, 2019
- Meghan Markle, guest editor of British Vogue this month, shared a body positive poem (with a twist) in the Arts & Culture section of the magazine, according to People. The poem, called "A Note from the Beach" by Matt Haig, drops the f-bomb. True to her usually kosher word, the duchess wrote on her now-defunct blog, The Tig, that she thinks it's OK to "toss out a four-letter word" every so often because it "adds character." Oh, f*%^ yeah heck yes.
- Princess Eugenie just became the first royal to ever launch a podcast. She announced the news via The Anti-Slavery Collective Instagram on Wednesday. The podcast will focus on the Anti-Slavery Collective, a charity she cofounded with her best friend Julia De Boinville, and be produced in partnership with Freedom United.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Kate Middleton and Prince William will take a break from their summer vacation to appear at the King’s Cup sailing regatta in Cowes, England, on August 9.
- Meghan Markle turns 38 on August 4. While we're not expecting to see her in public, she is expected to spend her 38th birthday with Harry, Archie, the queen and Prince Philip at the queen's Balmoral estate in Scotland. Rumor is, there will be tea (and, hopefully, birthday cake).