Royal News Roundup: Kate’s Farm-Chic Fashion, the New Royal Fab Four & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 13, 2020.
- Last Friday, Camilla Parker Bowles had a whirlwind day of events and left us wondering if she’s sending secret messages about her readiness to rule in the process. The 72-year-old Duchess of Cornwall popped into the HMP Downview female prison and learned more about programs encouraging inmates to pursue photography, fashion and manufacture training, literacy and cooking. She also visited Maggie’s Centre at The Royal Marsden, which provides free cancer support and information. It also should be mentioned the duchess wore royal blue for the occasion, the latest in an installment of royal associated colors she’s donned over the last year.
- Meanwhile, Prince William played a game of Jenga in honor of his new HeadsUp Weekends initiative, that aims to normalize mental health conversations.
- On Tuesday, Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Kate Middleton and Prince William, 37, visited the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre. This is the first time the two generations of royals have set out on a joint engagement, leading us to wonder: Could this be the new royal Fab Four?
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also announced their upcoming royal tour of Ireland, which will span from Tuesday, March 3, to Friday, March 5.
- On Wednesday, the 38-year-old Duchess of Cambridge stopped by the Ark Open Farm in Northern Ireland as part of her Early Years Foundation Five Big Questions Survey. Middleton looked casual-chic as she chatted with children and parents and handled a snake, a lamb and an alpaca.
- On the same day, Prince Charles, 72, made the rounds at Leicester Market and toured Soane Britain, the last remaining Rattan workshop in Britain. While Charles was doing some light shopping, his wife visited Leicester General Hospital and joined the Royal Volunteer Service’s Big Trolley Push.
- Later in the day, the Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House to mark the 15th anniversary of Safe Lives, a foundation that seeks to eradicate domestic abuse.
- And today, Queen Elizabeth met with the newly appointed Ambassadors to the Court of St. James at Buckingham Palace. ’Twas quite the formal event.
Where We’ll See them Next:Sophie, Countess of Wessex, will visit Germany on Friday, February 14.
The Prince of Wales will visit the National Automotive Innovation Center on Tuesday, February 18. He’ll also open the new Aston Martin Lagonda Factory and visit the British Airways Maintenance Centre on Friday, February 21.
Princess Ann will present the Queen Elizabeth Award for British Design during London Fashion Week on Tuesday, February 18.
Queen Elizabeth will visit the London Borough of Camden on Wednesday, February 19.