- The royal family revealed that Camilla Parker Bowles will wear Queen Mary’s crown at King Charles’s coronation in May. The stones will be replaced with Cullinan III, IV and V diamonds in honor of Queen Elizabeth.
- Buckingham Palace unveiled the official emblem for King Charles’s coronation, which features a blue crown surrounded by red flowers.
- On the latest episode of Royally Obsessed, co-hosts Roberta Fiorito and Rachel Bowie discussed the upcoming BAFTAs and which royals they expect to attend.
- Princess Anne visited the national disaster and crisis headquarters in Wellington and shared a personal message on Instagram for those who were affected by Cyclone Gabrielle in New Zealand.
Royal News Roundup: King Charles’s New Emblem, Camilla Parker Bowles’s Coronation Crown & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 16, 2023.
- Princess Eugenie posted a rare video of her son, August, in honor of the child’s 2nd birthday. The clip showed August walking (or dancing?) down a pathway, while his mother filmed from behind.
- In London, King Charles met with members of the Syrian and Turkish diaspora communities in the wake of the deadly earthquakes in Syria and Turkey.
- The monarch presented an OBE award to Afia Choudhury in honor of her dedication to supporting children and the foster care system.
- During a visit to the National Maritime Museum, Kate Middleton wore a stunning Hobbs London Celeste Coat in chestnut brown. She also ditched her signature hairstyle and opted for bouncy, voluminous curls.
- The royal family announced that it’s holding a raffle for U.K. residents to win free tickets to King Charles’s coronation. (More details here.)
- King Charles met with Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield at Buckingham Palace. They discussed everything from sustainability to Hadfield’s former role as Commander of the International Space Station.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Prince Harry Plans on Returning to U.K. in Very Near Future
Prince William Appeared ‘Confident’ at BAFTAs Without Wife Kate Middleton, According to Body Language Expert
Hi, Barbie! Margot Robbie Channels Iconic Doll at 2024 BAFTA Film Awards
Michael J. Fox Receives Emotional Standing Ovation at 2024 BAFTAs
Serena Williams Poses With Her Newborn & Shares Relatable Message About Not Feeling "Picture Perfect"
King Charles Wanted to Name His Second Son Albert—But This Royal Stopped Him